•~•CHAPTER 24•~•

Start from the beginning

'How bout when we get back?' I giggle, enjoying yet another side of him.

'Really?' He looks up at me, clearly excited. 'What about your friends?'

'Well... actually you'd have to hang out with them too. We had movie night plans tonight. I'm sorry.' I look away now. I almost forgot. Dang it, I really didn't want him to leave me yet. 'You don't have to. I know we're younger and all... Maybe some other time or some-'

'Faith, I'll be around you as much as you'll let me. I don't care if it's in a room full of random strangers. If you're there, I'm there. As close and as often as you want me.'

I mentally swoon, moving forward to nuzzle him again. I can't help it. 

This time, he rubs back against me, his scent soaking into my pores which he seems very satisfied with.

Once he seems content with my scent- now clearly showing who I belong to- he steps away and takes off running in the direction of the pack house.

I stumble slightly before racing after him, this time staying slightly behind him because I have no idea where we are anymore. He had said that we were near the edge of the territory but it was on the side of that Carly chick's pack. Carver told me a lot more about her and I definitely don't like her. I'm not a violent person, but that girl may just deserve some tooth and claw to show her who's the dominant one between Sage and herself.

Carver leads me to my clothes before nudging me with his nose one last time and then trotting off to find his own clothes.

I dress quickly before he can return, not at all surprised when he comes back to me moments later. Without a shirt.

I look away, already flustered when he only just walked up to me.

"Ready to go inside, beautiful?"

I gulp slightly before nodding. He moves into my space, his nose going to my neck and then down and across my shoulder. He leaves a quick kiss to my shoulder before standing to his full heat, looking more than pleased with himself.

"No one will mistake you for being anything but mine," he growls slightly, sounding darkly possessive despite the happy grin he wears.

I roll my eyes, yet again, but before he can reprimand me, I run for the house, squealing when I hear him chasing me.

We run into the kitchen, both of us laughing loudly. Our noise only increases when he catches me suddenly, wrapping me up in his arms from behind and lifting me, giving us a little spin. Its only when he sets me back down do we realize that we have an audience.

I move to pull away from him quickly when I see all the eyes, but he just tightens his hold on me, keeping me against his chest.

"Carver, sweetheart, I didn't know you had a girlfriend?" A slightly older woman says with her eyes- much like everyone else's in the room- dancing with amusement.

"My mate actually," he correctly her proudly, leaning forward so he can rest his chin on my shoulder.

She looks surprised by this and then gives me another once over. "Yes, she's young," he almost snaps, obviously bothered by the disapproving glances that we got after he claimed a juvenile female as his.

"Sorry sweetie, its just not very common, that's all. We didn't mean any offense." She looks back at me again and steps forward, reaching out her hand. "I'm Miranda, The Alpha's mom and the old Luna of the pack," she introduces herself.

I shake her hand as I introduce myself back. "I'm Faith, the new Luna's younger sister," I laugh slightly.

"Oh my gosh, really?!" She practically squeals.

I nod in response, blushing at her excitement over me- well over Sage but kind of me...ish.

"Wow, Sage seems like a sweet girl, as I'm sure you are. We are so glad to have you with us. And my Carver here is quite the catch," she giggles.

"Thanks ma, but we gotta go meet her friends now so...bye," He interrupts awkwardly, grabbing my hand and dragging me off to the theater room.

Once out of earshot, he starts explaining to me that after his mom died, Mason's family took him in so Miranda is basically a mom to him, hence her adoration for him and his name for her.

When we get to the theater room, we find my friends already in there, snacking away.

They both give me intrigued looks when I walk in holding Carver's hand and I give them a 'we'll talk later' look in response.

"Well hurry up! Damn slow people," Clary teases us, pressing play on the remote in her hands.

Carver pulls me over to the couches in the middle of the room and pulls me down next to him, leaving no space between us. Clary and Melody both get up from the floor and sit on my other side, putting the snack on the narrow table in front of all of us.

As soon as the movie starts, all of us relax and quiet down- a huge contrast to the wild thoughts of my brain and the racing of my heart.