Chapter 18- Look Up At The Sky, That's Where He Is

Start from the beginning

After Tom calmed down I left him to do home work in his room. (aka. Sponge Bob)

     I found Cody in the same spot in the hallway. Now he was leaning against the wall. I assumed Angie took Buddy since he was no longer there. I sat pretzel style in front of him and leaned my forehead on his. I looked into his eyes, they looked empty and hollow and seemed to be looking right through me. "Cody?" I asked. No reply. "Cody" I snapped my fingers and he seemed to come back to reality. "Yes?" he asked icily. "Are you OK?" I was really worried. "No Sophia, I'm not OK. My dog is dead." He snapped. I was shocked and hurt that he responded to me like that. I moved my face away from his. "Sorry. I just was asking." I said quietly. I got up to walk away.

     "No, Sophia wait. I'm the one that should be sorry." Cody pulled me into his lap, so I was straddling him, so he could see my face. "Why should YOU be sorry?" I asked confused. "Because. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. It wasn't very fair or nice of me to do that, you were just being a good girlfriend and worrying about me. And my dog died and I feel empty. The thing with your dad happened and you didn't snap at me once. My fricken dog, my DOG dies and I snap. I can't even begin to imagine how you felt. I jus-" I cut him off my kissing him. Damn why couldn't he just shut up. I don't need a long explanation. Quickly this kiss was like the one at the beach. Cody had his hands resting on my hips and I had my arms around his neck. His tongue traced the outline of my lips, I shivered. He chuckled and I mentally rolled my eyes. After time we pulled away.

     I put my chin on his shoulder. "I love you." Cody whispered into my ear. "I love you too." I whispered back. "How about we get ready to go get you a phone?" Cody asked. I sighed. "OK." I got up and he did to. After one last kiss we went into our own rooms.

*****Later*****

     I gave myself one last look in the mirror and walked out of my bathroom. I was wearing a loose fitting tank-top from Target with a picture of Snoopy on the front, denim shorts from Hollister and gold flats. I walked right out of my room and Cody walked out at the same time. "Perfect timing." Cody smiled. "Yep." agreed. He put an arm around my waist and we walked down the steps together. "My mom and dad took Tom for ice cream and to go shopping they will be here around dinner. Matt will be here soon." Cody said as we walked into the kitchen. I looked at the clock 10:56. That's it? Wow. I nodded at Cody's comment. I saw Alli and Sam in the pool. Cody poured two bowls of Frosted Flakes, and handed one to me. I snapped my head back towards the window and looked at Sam. "Umm Cody?" I asked "Where did Sam get swimming trunks from?" I answered myself. His head snapped towards the window the same way mine did. "Those are mine. I wondered why they weren't on my bed anymore." Cody half shouted.

We walked outside.

     "ALLI! WHAT THE HELL?" Cody yelled as he walked to the patio around the pool. "What?" She asked. "Why would you give Sam my swimming trunks? And when the f*ck did you take them out of my room?"  I could tell Cody was pissed, and Alli was just plainly amused. Alli and Sam walked out of the pool."Why? Because we wanted to swim. And When? I got them when you and Sophie we making out in the hallway." I blushed a bit. Alli got a towel to dry off. And Sam thought it would be funny to hug me. "Hey Sophia." Sam said as he walked towards me with open arms as soon as I noticed what he was doing I warned him "Sam, don't even think about touching me. I'm leaving the house in 5 minutes." As soon as he touched me I screamed "SAM! GET THE HELL OFF OF ME!" He got off of me. After he made sure I was soaking wet.

      "Dude, she told you not to touch her, And I would like it if I could have my trunks back." Cody told him. "Jeez, calm down dude, she didn't sound like she was TOO concerned about getting wet. If she was she would have backed away." Sam was clearly amused with Cody. "She shouldn't have to 'back away' from you if she tells you not to touch her. She even told you we were leaving in 5 minutes. Matt's probably here now." Cody snapped at him as he started to turn red. Just to prove a point Sam walked back over to me got me all wet again and rubbed his wetness on me. That. Pissed me off. I did NOT like how he just touched me. "Sam, WHAT is WRONG with you?" I asked horrified at what he had just done. He did it again. "DUDE? DID YOU NOT JUST HEAR HER? DON'T TOUCH HER LIKE THAT!!!!!! "Make Me!" Sam half shouted. "Leave. My. house." Cody commanded. "NO" Sam shouted. Cody had it and he shoved Sam backwards. It just so happened that 'backwards' happened to be the pool. He made a huge splash. Cody and I started cracking up. I high-fived him. And gave him a hug. We stayed in th hug until Sam got out of the pool. Alli looked horrified. Sam walked up to Cody, stood about three feet away from him, and punched him square in the jaw. Cody stumbled backwards and fell to the ground.

   Now it was Alli's turn to start laughing. Matt came running over. Sam walked back over to Alli and put his arm around her and kissed the top of her head. I gasped. Matt was kneeling beside Cody. He was on the phone, he put it on loud speaker so I could hear.

911: 911 what's your emergency?

Matt: Yeah, um my friend here isn't breathing.

911: OK, What's your location.

Matt: *insert address*

911: OK, they are on their way. What happened?

Matt shrugged and handed the phone to me.

Me: Um, yes? He got punched.

911: OK, who?

Me: My friend, Cody Simpson.

     "Matt open the gate!" I whispered. He ran away to do as he was told.

911: OK, the paramedics should be there very soon. Would you like to keep talking?

Me: Not really.

911: OK

*click*

     "Cody!" I whispered. I started to cry, then sob.To make it even worse, my best friend wasn't comforting me. I was leaning over Cody, sobbing when I heard the sirens.  

****************A/N- I never heard a 911 call so if it isn't very good, thats why.**********************