Decree and Rotten to the Core

In the Beast Castle, Prince (soon to be King) Ben was getting measured for his coronation suit. He was staring out the window at the Isle of the Lost again, completely and utterly oblivious to the tailor.

"Sleeve, head,...aha." The tailor muttered to himself.

The door opened and Ben's parents, none other than the King and Queen, entered.

"How is it that you're going to be crowned King next month?" his father asked. "You're just a baby!"

'Just like Alexander.' He thought sad.

"He's turning sixteen, dear." Belle reminded him with a smile.

"Hey, Pops." Ben said, but his greeting went unnoticed.

"Sixteen?" the Adam repeated. "That's far too young to become king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

His wife shot him a look. "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

"Well it was either you or the teapot." He said, smiling at her and winking at Ben. He chuckled. "Kidding."

"Mom, Dad." Ben said, a little unsure how to begin. "I've chosen my first official proclamation."

His parents looked at each other, impressed.

Ben took a deep breath.

Too late to turn back now...

"I have decided that the children of the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance... to live here in Auradon."

His parents stared in shock. Queen Belle made a soft squeaking sound as she dropped the coat she was holding.

Ben knew he had to keep talking. He had to explain himself or they'd never agree.

He had to make this work. His little brother never had this chance, but maybe Ben could give it to others. They were innocents.

Pointing out the window, to the Island, he continued, more determinate.

"Every time I look at the Island, I feel like they've been abandoned!"

Adam glanced out the window, frowning.

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?!"

Ben nodded. "We start with a few at first. Just the ones who really needed our help." He said, looking at his mother, who seemed to understand. "I've already chosen them."

His father looked skeptical. "Have you?"

Belle put her hand on his arm. "I gave you a second chance." She reminded him. Her husband's demeanor softened. She turned to Ben. "Who are they're parents?"

Ben slowly counted. "Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Mother Gothel, Evil Queen.... And Maleficent."

The tailor yelped and he and the rest of the staff bowed and scattered away.

"Maleficent?!" King Beast roared. "She's the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear me out-"