what's the difference between love and obsession?

August 23, 2017

Plini

My mind is always thinking about him, to find him again, to know what is so different between her and me, the reason why he protects her so much. Unfortunately I don't share any classes with her and she leaves school early with him. My heart hurts at the memory of his annoyed face and how he  despised me. I truly fell for him but this was not the way I wanted to be percieved by him.

I hated the fact that he had to share the same eyes that tortured my dreams. I'd give anything to have those eyes look at myself with love and adoration but that was impossible unless...

Not everything was lost as I found the girl, she is reading a book while sitting in a trunk of an elm tree, near the school parking lot. I walk close to her to start a conversation but I realize she's not alone, which is weird because I could swear that she was all alone until I came closer.

A young man around his twenties is sitting next to her, whispering something on her ear but she ignores him. He is handsome, with sun kissed skin, gray eyes and dark blond hair but his hands are stained with red like blood and he is grining at her showing all his teeth.

He grips her neck with his big hands and starts squeezing with force and only then she notices his presence. She tries to push him off but he is stronger and angrier, her face soon turns blue, eyes closing and arms falling limp.

My magic comes from the nature, it calls me and allows me to control all green life in the enviroment. I cast the quickest spell I can think of and trow it at the tree where the defenceless girl and that crazy stranger are. A heavy branch of the elm tree falls and it hits his head almost throwing him off to the ground, his face turns to look at me with hatred, enraged eyes are now like black marbles, then he gives a cruel smile and trows the almost lifeless body of the girl's to the ground. He waves a goodbye to me and dissipates like he was made of smoke.

I never ran this fast in my life, kneeling next to her I checked for her pulse, it was frail but it was still there, I sigh in relief and cry for help. While I know it will take some minutes for someone to hear me and get here, I take advantage of the situation to inspect her pockets until I find her cell phone, I use another spell to proyect my core magic into her unprotected mind that is unconcious. I try to find her password to unblock the cellphone. I just have to concentrate really hard and only think of her phone in my head and proyect that image into her defenceless conciousness.

For a while, I struggle to find what I want. As I wander in her mind, I can't help but notice how eerily quiet it is. There's not much of  the girl's presence to find and everything feels cold and dark in her subconcious. Until I manage to find a trail of  fragmented memories that are unclear and difficult to see; they pass through me fast and dissipate like mist.

All but one fragment of a memory...

More than a fragment, a femenine figure comes a few feet away from me in the dark space of this girl's unconcious mind.

Confined in the darkness of her mind, this young woman resembles the girl. But her eyes are like fire, a deep amber with coopery gleam that glows in the dark, she stares at me like a cat who has found a prey, a malicious smile spreads on her full lips.

"Come closer...". She says but I urge my mind to focus on what I'm looking for.

She is closing her distance, from her lips runs deep red blood.

I make a last effort to find what I'm looking for and this time, I find it, a slight glimpse of the numbers I need for her password. I'm terrified and I just want to leave her mind.

But before I can even attempt to do so, the creepy lady comes face to face on me burying her sharp long nails into my arms until she pushes me out of the mind of this girl.

I come back to my senses with the infornation that I wanted but my arms feel sore just where her long nails dug on my skin, the burnin sensation still present.

After I tap the combination on her lock screen I look for her boyfriend contact but the only frecuent number is 'brother', I dial the number and it starts ringing.

"Yara? I told you I"ll be a little late, just wait for me okay?" He assured, like he was talking to a child.

I recognize this voice and I never thought it could be so sweet. I felt my eyes blurr, maybe I'm crying. To know he can be this protective and caring with me gives me some hope.

"Yara? Are you there?" He asked. his voice deep with worry

"Are you her brother? This is the school doctor, someone found the girl unconcious in the school grounds and we need a relative to come and take her home, she remains unresponsive. Could you give me your full name and hers please? I have to make a report with your personal information" I lied with utter conviction.

"What happened? Why was she alone? I thought I was clear about my... s-sister's condition, she hasn't recovered yet and can't be left on her own" he argued. Now this is the grumpy boy I know.

"I need your full names for this report if you want to take her home with you" I demanded.

"Her name is Yara Olen my little sister, I am Beau Olen. I'll be there as soon as I can" he affirmed and hung up.

Beau... a beautiful man, his name makes him justice.

Some students gathered around us and helped me take her to the inffirmary where I left my new valuable information with the real school doctor.

I'm slightly ashamed for having to resort to this means to get closer to her brother. Even when unconcious I can feel the same aura that Beau's proyected coming from her, a slightly more powerful aura than Beau's. But why can't she defend herself? Maybe that's the reason why Beau is so protective of her. He loves her because she is his sister but he will love me because I'll be his lover...

 He loves her because she is his sister but he will love me because I'll be his lover

_____________________________________________

A/ N: what's your opinion on Plini's behaviour?

Also for the next parts I need visuals for the misterious man that stalks Yara but I'm not sure yet who he is. I have a few boys in mind and to who ever is reading this, I would like to know who do you prefer?