5 / "Alfie is your friend too!"

Zoe's pov.

I overreacted, I repeated it to myself for the 17th time now. "I fùcking overreacted," I whisper it to myself. "I ruined whatever I had with Alfie,"

"Alfie? Who I suppose is your crush?" The girl sitting beside me speaks up. I'm in a park right now, regretting every word, every thing I did or said.

"Yeah," I slowly say. "It's not his fault that I'm ugly, it's not his fault that he's crushing on her and not me," I say.

"He has a crush on?" The girl asks. I look at her and then remind myself I'm probably never going to see her again. She's a complete stranger.

"Ugh, never mind." I groan. "Anyway I'm zoella," I try to smile.

"And I'm shai." I've heard this name somewhere.

......

After around half an hour I finally decide to get out of this park. The moment I enter the car I start crying. Shai left a bit later after that and I just sat down seeing kids play. When everything is taken from you, I guess this is what happens. I start the engine when my phone started ringing.

"Where the hell are you Zoe?" I heard Joe's voice.

"20 minutes Joe." I roll my eyes.

"Did you ask Alfie about it?"

"Yes I did."

"Yeah? What did he say?"

I hung up my phone because I didn't even want to talk about that. I drove back home. I didn't even change I guess, I was asleep, crying.

*

"Zoe, are you awake?" Someone whispers in my ears. I open my eyes to reveal Joe and I groan.

"What is it?" I ask as I cover my head with a pillow.

"Yeah get ready Alfie will be here in an hour," He says and my heart sinks. I can't face him.

"You guys are okay now?" I ask and he says the whole story of Alfie and shai loving each other. My already broken heart breaks even more. I keep my tears in.

I didn't want to see his face, I couldn't see his face. It was hurting, the fact that he could never be mine.

We had breakfast and the whole time it was Joe talking about how happy he was for Alfie and Shai. I just look at him as he continues to talk.

"Wait did you just say Caspar and Jack are coming over?" I sigh.

"Yeah," He said looking into his Iphone.

"Why do they need to stay? You guys can film and then they can leave?" I suggest and he rolls his eyes.

"Yes they can but we decided that today I would film with Jack for both our channels and Jack will film with Caspar for both their channels that would be like too much so tommorow I will film with Caspar for both our channels, hope that made sense?"
He laughs.

"Yeah it did." I say.

"Do you have a problem?" He says disappointed.

"Nope, I was just asking." I say and he smiles.

"Even you can make a collab with Jack and Casp-"

"Yeah, I'll see"

"If we can I could ask Alfie to stay too. So we can-"

"No." I shouted. "We already have a lot of boys over."

I didn't want Alfie over because I knew I would probably be crying all the time and he would ask me why was I crying.

"Yeah mate, Alfie would you like to stay over?" Joe was talking on the phone. I looked at him angrily and shook my head. "No means no Joe." I warned him.

"Yeah, yeah, right, alright then, meet you in 15 minutes!"

"What you don't undestan-"

"What's wrong with you? Alfie is your friend too!" He shouts and I roll my eyes. He's right. Why was I hating Alfie? He dosen't even know I like him. It was not his mistake that he didn't like me back, it was mine that I thought he liked me. Stupid me.

"Yeah okay," I said.

"Yeah okay Zoe keep your camera ready!"

"Okay."

*

I was so afraid to meet Alfie and honestly I didn't even want to see him. He would defiantly question me why I was crying and I no answer to it.

I put the last layer of mascara and run downstairs and sit next to Joe.

"Mom and dad will be home next week," he says.

"How cool is that?" I say in sarcasm and he laughs. We both continue to talk about stuff when the bell rings and my smile disappears.