Searching for Slenderman

chapter 1: Urban legend

I woken up to the sound of laughter. It sounded like my friends were being loud and immature as usual.

I quickly searched for my phone that was lost somewhere in my covers. I finally found it and turned it on.

2:30 am

Why are they awake so damn late.

I pulled the covers off and sat on the side of my bed.

"Why am I in Germany." I said to myself as I shook my head.

My name is Christopher and I'm the only one outta all my friends who has common sense. I have dark gray eyes and light brown hair. My hair is messy and covers my forehead and my eyes. I yawned and brushed my hair back. I flinched as I heard someone yell my name in the distance.

"Hey Chris are you awake! Come join us!" James yelled from the other room.

I rolled my eyes as I picked myself up from the bed. I grabbed a plain gray shirt and slipped it on.

I grabbed the flashlight that was on the table beside my bed. I switched it on and searched my way through the dark hallways.

This house was really old. It is so old there isn't even electricity. I'm surprised it didn't effect Jasmine that much. I thought she couldn't live without social media. I don't even know why she decided to come with us.

I wasn't very fond of her but she was James girlfriend and James is one of my closest friends. Jasmine had plain brown hair with dark black eyes. She looked like any type of pretty popular girl who always tries to make everyone worship her.

I shook my head as I glanced up at the photos that were on the walls. I believe they are the grandparents of Jane. This house was the only thing her grandparents left her after their death.

I finally found my way to the room where they were all huddled together.

"Hey man! Aren't you frezzing?" asked Tyler as he put his hands over the fireplace.

"Well I was quite comfortable in my bed." I said as I sat by Jane.

"Man, you like being alone too much

we went on this trip to have a good time together. " Tyler got up and joined the circle of friends.

I rolled my eyes once again. Tyler was a very hyper and excited person. Well, he did have ADHD, so it wasn't his fault but I guess it's nice to have someone that could always try to brighten up everyone's mood.

Tyler quickly flipped his blonde bangs away from his eyes and his light blue eyes shined with excitement.

He raised his beer in the air and yelled "A toast to everyone! We are all one big happy family."

"Sit down Tyler and shut up, before you start to get emotional. " James said as he snatched Tyler's beer away.

I laughed as I watched James try to finish Tyler's can of beer.

James had light tan skin and raven black hair. He used to work for his father's company but he quit because he didn't feel like following the families path, he wanted to make his own path.

Tyler sat down next to James and tried to snatch back his beer. I shook my head and turned to look at Jane.

Now, Jane is really hard and complicated to figure out. We've been friends since middle school and she always kept everything to herself. Her hazal nut eyes lightened up as she laughed at James and Tyler. Her dark blue hair was tucked behind her ears and she hugged her knees into her chest.

I looked at Jane confused as a thought raced through my mind.

"Jane, What was the point of all of this? Why did you want us to come here with you because I know you don't even give two shits about your grandparents."

Jane's mood darkened and she looked directly at the fireplace. Her face was pale and she became stiff.

"Well there's something I've been hiding from you guys."

Everyone in the room turned to look at her even Kyle grew quiet.

"I was actually very close to my grandparents and...."

"I'm so sorry Jane, I didn't mean..."

Jane cut me off before I could finish. She patted my back and smiled.

"It's alright, you didn't know."

She turned away from me and took a deep breath.

"I used to come here a lot when I was a kid. I visit my grandparents every summer. They used to tell me tales and urban legends, but there is this one story that they told me every night." Jane paused and pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket.

She stared at it for a while and finally continued to talk.

"This creature is a urban legend here in Germany. Everyone calls it Slenderman."

She began to unfold the piece of paper. As she opened it. A small drawing was printed on it.

Everyone moved closer to try and get a better look at the drawing.

"What is that Jane?" asked Jasmine as she squinted toward the drawing.

Jane held up the picture for everyone to see.

"It's Slenderman."

"Is he real?" asked James as he examined the picture closely.

I snorted. "Of course it's not real. It's just some stupid urban legend, I bet people here just use it to scare tourist like us."

"Well it's working." Jasmine said as she moved closer to James.

"There's nothing to be scared of Jasmine, Chris is right its just some stupid legend." Kyle paused and turned to look at Jane.

He looked back at the picture with uncertainty. There was a tall thin man. He had tanitcales sticking out from his back. His face was blank. It was white, there was no mouth, nose, or eyes.

"How does the tale go?" Kyle asked nervously.

Jane stood up and walked across the room towards the window. We all kept are eyes on her, we were waiting and listening very closely.

Jane quickly cleared her throat.

"He lives in the woods. Every night he waits for his pray to come, but he doesn't just kill them right away no, he messes with your mind, he makes you play his game."

"How do you play his game?" I asked.

"Collect all the drawings and then you'll be free. It sounds simple but it isn't, your not alone in those woods, he's watching your every move. He can pop out of nowhere and just take you before you could finish the game."

"Did anyone make it out alive?" asked Jasmine as she trembled in her sweater.

"Yes there is only one person who survived."

"Who is the person that survived?" James asked.

Jane looked away from the window and turned to face all of us. Tears began to form in her eyes.

"It was me. I'm the survivor."

-------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! This is a short story so there will only be a few more chapters. So please vote or comment!!!