Flamerose

Black stood in the empty hallway, her hands in fists so hard, her nails dug into her skin. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Your voice is so high pitched, only dogs can hear it," she grumbled. The living Barbie doll facing her cackled. "So why didn't you hear me? You wear a collar. Not to mention dog tags." Black's clenched hand instinctively flew to her neck where her dad's dog tags rested and imediantly regretted it. She'd shown the brat she'd gotten to her. "It's no wonder you dad adopted another girl," she continued. "It's a shame they're both dead now." That's it. Black snapped she took a step forward and her clenched fist flew forward. It made contact but not with the girl's face like it was supposed to. "Black...calm down..." Flame said gently. He had caught her fist at the last moment. "Thanks babe!" (*gags*) the girl shrilled and hugged Flame he shrugged her off and she pouted away. Black was still seething. The just stood there, Black glowering with her fist outstretched and Flame squatting down so he could reach the small girl, holding her fist. "You shouldn't have stopped me...again," Black said, breaking. She retracted her fist and slunk down against the lockers. "I had to. It's not you," Flame said gently, sliding down beside her. Black glared at her black combat boots. "She...she brought up my dad and sister. Black closed her eyes, fighting tears. "I...I heard," Flame said quietly. "It wasn't her place to say that." "It just...hurts. But...I can't help agree. When I turned out like this," she gestured at herself. "he must've felt like her needed a do-over." Tears fell down her face. 'Damn it,' she thought as she started crying. Flame hugged her she she cried into him. "That's not true Black," he said softly. "He and your mother loved you." 'Just as much as I do.' "Thanks Sparky," Black smiled through her tears. "I needed that. And thanks for not letting me beat that brat." "Soot's got you off your cursing huh?" Flame teased. "Oh shut the fuck up!" Black laughed and punched him playfully, for them, in the shoulder. Her punch would normally leave a bruise on anyone else but Flame being the big football player her was and...living conditions...it phased him about as much as it would two other people. If that makes any sense. The walked down the hall and Flame walked her to her house.