🍁•five - broken trust•🍁

Start from the beginning

Didn't thought she would do such thing.

"It's nice to see you, you know? Whenever I see you, you'll run away from me." she whispered the last part as I laughed.

"I'm busy sometimes." I lied - I would run, or literally hide whenever I see either Jonas or her. I just, don't want to see them. Call me immature for still being angry at them but truthfully, I trusted them. I didn't thought they would break my trust, especially for someone like me, who trust no one. I now can't see the world like I used to, I thought the dysfunctional people in my family were the worst people in my life but I thought wrong. Both of them literally the worst people I've ever known in my life.

"I see." she said. "But it's really good to see you, you know. Call me whenever you're not busy so we can hang out." she continued. "I miss you." she whispered.

A chuckle left my lips as I felt my eyes getting heavier. "I miss you too."

I wasn't lying - I've known Aria all my life. We were friends since kindergarten. She then went to an all-girls school while I went to an ordinary one. We would hang out after school at her place and maybe at the park sometimes. I literally grew up with her. I would see her every single day and she knows every single secret I had and vice versa. And I didn't thought our friendship would end up like that. I spent most of my life thinking that our friendship would last forever - but I guess our 'forever' was just a few years. Tragic? Yeah, you can say that.

Walking away, I bit my bottom lip. I knew Edward was looking at me for an explanation but I guess he now understood what was going on, making him wrap his arm around me. Placing my stuff at the back, Edward looked at me, "Come here." he said as he pulled me into a hug. My breath hitched as he slowly ruffled my hair, my face on his chest, while his face on top of my head. "Are you alright?" he asked as I felt myself getting warm by his embrace.

"No." I sobbed.

Edward pulled me into his car, as he took my phone that was in my hand. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"You need a day off." he said as I shook my head, pulling my phone away from him. "I'm alright."

"You're not alright." he mentioned as I looked at him. "I've been through this for seven months straight, I don't think another day would make any difference." I spat as he looked at me. "Tell me." he said. "You can't keep it all to yourself."

"I can."

"Which might explain the scars on your wrist. Damn it, Chloe. Don't keep it all to yourself! I'm here, you can tell it all to me. I'll listen and when you cry, I'll still be here. Oh god, Chloe, can't you see how precious you are?" he spat as he started driving.

Wiping the tear that fell from my eyes, I looked in front. "That was Aria. She was my best friend." I said. "Remember when I told you that my boyfriend cheated on me? Well, it was with her." I continued. "Man, I trusted them. I held both of them close to my heart. I didn't thought they would break it." I blurted as I licked my lips, grabbing my air fresheners. "And all I could think of is his shitty apology, because I couldn't trace even a little bit of regret in his voice."

"Anyways, thanks for listening but I really don't feel like talking anymore. Plus, you shouldn't do this. All this - taking me out, texting me and calling me always. I don't need all this. I don't need your pity." I said as I looked out the window.

"I'm sorry for trying to fix you. I guess I've never really known what to do with my hands. One day, I found myself digging through insides, trying to reassemble the broken pieces. you never asked me to do that. You must've known it wouldn't work, or maybe you didn't want it to." he said as I stopped. Knowing it was somewhere from Tumblr, I looked at him. "That was one of my favorite quotes."

"I'm guessing you have tons of favorite quotes." he said as he halted the car in front of my store.

"Thanks, Edward. And sorry for throwing a bomb at you." I said as I quickly pecked his cheek, exiting his car. Walking inside, I noticed he didn't left until I got in and he left with a smile and so did I.

"I saw that." I heard as I turned around, noticing my boss.

"Oh my! Sorry for being a little late." I said as I bowed. a chuckle left her lips. "No need to be sorry." she smiled. "Who was that?" she asked.

"My friend, Edward." I said as she sat down.

"Just a friend?" she pouted. "I was really hoping he'd be your boyfriend." she chuckled as I rubbed my nape awkwardly. "Ah- no, no." I laughed as I went back to my office.

"I hope he'll be soon." she said, making me grin.

I hope.

***