IHop Adventures

**The next morning**

  You woke up with a groan and started to roll out of bed but were pulled back to the other warm body who had wrapped an arm around your waist. It wasn't unusual for him to act like this. After years of being best friends and even once living together, you two had gotten close.

  He smirked against your skin and held you close. "Trying to leave me already?"

  "No." You smiled. "Just going to do my morning routine."

  "Can it wait for a little while? We haven't cuddled in a while and I just got home."

  "Deal. Can we go to IHop for breakfast?"

  Rafa nodded simply. "After I shower, yeah. I probably smell and look like I haven't had a home in a while."

  "Flights do that to you sometimes."

  "Oh yes."

  "There are some towels in the closet. The bathroom shouldn't look too awful so you can go shower whenever."

  He smiled and kissed the top of your head as he had done for many years. "Thanks, kid." After this, he rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

  You could hear the water begin to run and a few minutes into his shower, you mentally cursed yourself for not peeing beforehand. Reluctantly, you got up and knocked on the bathroom door lightly. "Rafa, I have to pee! Please hurry."

  He could be heard laughing from inside the shower but this wasn't a funny matter to you. Shortly after his laugh was heard, the door opened. His body quickly disappeared back into the walk in shower with frosted glass.

  "Pee." He said with a shrug, already back in the shower with his silhouette being shown.

  "Thanks." You mumble and quickly finish up, washing your hands before leaving to crawl back in bed.

  Ten minutes later, Rafa came back into your bedroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Probably should've brought clothes with me. Yeah?"

  You smirk. "Would've been logical."

  His chest had always sparked your interest and it was hard not to stare. The tattoos that were specked over his body made you smile.

  "What're you looking at?" He asked while slipping a shirt over.

  You bit your lip instinctively. "Your tattoos. I've always found them interesting."

  "You came with me for most of them." He noted.

  "True but they still fascinate me to no end." You admit.

  He chuckled before crawling back into bed, his body laying over yours as he moved stray hairs out of your face.

  Scrunching your nose up, you smile a bit in the midst of it all. "You used my soap!"

  "Did not." He protested immediately.

  "So did. It smells good though. I'm ready for IHop. You gonna get off of me?"

  "I guess...can I drive your Jeep?"

  He knew what your answer would be. Casal was the only one who was allowed to drive your Baby.

  With a nod, you hand him the keys off the nightstand. 

                                      ••••

  He had chosen the music while driving and that was alright. Rafael got out from the driver's side and quickly walked over to the passenger and opened the door for you.

  It never got old. Never.

  A smile won out as you exited the car and he closed the door behind you, placing a light hand on your lower back as you walked into the breakfast restaurant.

  Once seated, you both looked over a menu.

  "You get the same thing everytime, kid. Strawberry and banana pancakes with orange juice and a hash brown."

  You looked up from the menu and met his eyes. "Thanks." A simple response that meant more than either of you knew at the time.

  The waitress came and left after taking both orders. While waiting, you and Rafael spoke nonstop. It was as if he had never left.

  The food arrived and you ate happily and in silence. He did the same. Neither of you ever really spoke when eating and that was the best form of understanding if you had ever heard one.

  He paid -much to your dislike- and led you back out to your car. The routine repeated itself and you were both on the way back to your apartment.

                                     ••••

  "I'm in the mood to watch a movie in bed." Rafa spoke first upon entering the living room.

  You were already headed towards your bedroom. You crawled in bed and settled down just as he got in beside you.

  "Hey, Y/N?"

  "Yeah?"

   "Can uhm...could we maybe spend a few days together before I have to go see De and get back to the regular grind or whatever? I've missed you like crazy."

  You nod simply as a smile spreads across your features. Getting comfortable, you wrap your arms around him and rest your head on his chest. "Of course. Your other best friend can wait." A smirk was almost audible from you at the last sentence.

  "He knows that you come first. It's fine." Another kiss to the top of your head.

  You held him close as The Breakfast Club played on the flat screen. However, you weren't entirely sure that either of you were actually watching it.

  "You have both Bay Boys wrapped around your finger. I hope you realize that."