Chapter Four: Jelousy, Rumors, and Bullies

*THERE IS A SCENE WITH BULLYING SO BE VIGILANT IF THAT BOTHERS YOU.*

Barry had woken up late, per usual. After throwing on some clothes and eating, he said bye to his parents and drove to school. As he waltzed into school he headed straight for Iris West's locker. He was actually going to do it. He was going to ask her to go on a date with him.

"Hey, Iris." Barry said approaching the no doubt beautiful dark haired girl.

"Hey Barry." She responded with a flirtatious smile on her red lips.

"I was uh-I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me tonight, maybe to that diner down the street? I could drive us there." Barry said doing his best to follow Caitlin's advice to be himself from last night.

"Oh. I actually heard a rumor that Caitlin Snow went home with you last night. I'm sure your girlfriend wouldn't been too keen on us getting a milkshake together." Iris said beginning to put her plan into action, knowing the familiar auburn had seen them upon walking into the school building and stopped in her tracks.

"A rumor? Caitlin and I are just friends. We had some studying to do that's all." Barry assured her and Iris sneered.

"Just friends?" Iris asked a little louder for Caitlin to head.

"Just friends." Barry repeated not aware of Caitlin's presence.

"Then it sounds like a date." Iris said as she put a hand on his shoulder and kissed his cheek. Caitlin felt hurt and jealously course through her body at the sight. She wanted nothing more than to turn away, but she was cemented in place. Iris turned around and walked off, soon joining up with her two friends. As they walked past her devilish smiles were sent Caitlin's way and carried on down the hallway, shoving people out of their way as they went. Caitlin knew that all her and Barry were ever going to be is just friends, but hearing it from his mouth was a like a stab to the heart.

**

Barry touched his cheek that the python had kissed, still stunned and walked off, ignoring the chatter from the students who had witnessed the interaction between Iris and Barry, and a random rumor circulating around her that Caitlin had gone home with him but got rejected. Barry was so engulfed in his emotions that he didn't realize Caitlin was still standing there, hearing the rumors about her evolve and spread. She had had a great morning filled with blueberry muffins and coffee from Jitters, a local cafe, but now it was ruined. Caitlin felt like approaching Barry to call off any thoughts of dating Iris, but when she saw the familiar long haired genius, her focus drifted to something more positive. And Caitlin, feeling like she was going to cry, went to the embodiment of joy and positivity.

"Cisco!" She called walking up to meet her friend.

"Hey, Caitlin." He said with a gleeful smile. He was definitely in a much better mood than me, Caitlin thought.

"Where are you going?" He had been heading to the exit doors before the school bang rang.

"I was going to meet up with Gypsy by her car, but I can talk to her later. You seem a little out of it," Cisco said studying her somber mood that was following her around like a puppy. "You okay?"

"Yeah...just uh-school. My classes are really getting to me." She lied, which he saw straight through.

"Uh huh." Caitlin knew Cisco didn't believe the lie; she's never been a really good lier. They had been walking away from the exit and down the long main hallway, when a voice called out to them.

"Guys!" Barry exclaimed ecstatically as he approached the two. " You will not believe what just happened!" Barry said, unlike Cisco, Caitlin knew what he was about to tell them.