Chapter 21-Running

~Herobrine's Pov~

The constant state of pain, and the feeling of death right next to me was the scariest moment I've ever been in.

Notch.Notch looked at me with those evil eyes, why? He's never been this way, even when he hated me I've never seen the lingering rage in his eyes before. It almost seemed he was... Corrupted.It felt like its been hours,days even, he stood there like a hawk, waiting for his next prey.

I finally made up the strength to looks up into his hateful eyes, the eyes I once knew from when I was a child, were gone. I tried to looked closer as he stood there with sword in his had, blood on his clothing like it was no big deal.But then... I saw a flash. I didn't know what it was,I didn't know where it came from. but for a split second, his eyes turned black, and his pupils turned a dark shade of red. Something was wrong with him.

"What the hell are you staring at?" He asked, still standing in the same place he was before. I breathed quietly and put my head down when I felt the stinging sensation come back to me. I groaned in pain, and thought for a moment. I know something is wrong with him.But what? His eyes, I swear I saw a glint of red in them. I knocked myself out of my thoughts and tried to look up at him again. He looked the same as he did before, but was he really the same Notch I once knew?

"W-what...Did you tell me...?" I asked him in a low voice,trying to hide the pain that was obviously seen. 

"What the hell are you  talking about?" He said holding my head up so I could stare into his deadly eyes and the scowl on his face.

"When.. We were kids." Notch had told me something long ago that I could never forget. Something that just stuck with me for what seemed like forever, and It meant more than just friendship to me.He just stared at me, could he have forgotten?

"How am I suppose to know? That could have been 20 some years ago." He let my head fall once again as I stared at the ground. I was confused, If I remembered it certainly he could too...right?

I could hear his footsteps walk around me, even though I could see him, I could feel his gaze staring down on me. Suddenly, he stopped right in front of me and whispered lowly.

"Shes Coming..." He chuckled an evil menacing laugh. "I will see you later, brother"

~You're Pov~

Herobrine, tied up in a chair, pools of blood on the ground and all around his face and chest. scratches over his body and his eyes were closed... Please don't be dead. 

I rushed over to him, not saying a word. I pushed his body to hopefully get a reaction, a movement, a breath,a noise. He groaned at the slightest touch I gave him. I had no idea who had done this, I looked up to see any sign of anyone, no one was there. I ran behind his chair and united the rope around his hands and his arms fell to his side. I ran over in front of him and put my arm around his shoulder. I pushed  him upwards and he barely could stand, his heavy body leaned up against mine and was really hard to keep him standing up.I slowly got him to turn around and went face to face to the person i'd hope to never see again.

"Thought you could escape so easily huh?" Notch grinned as he unleashed his sword from behind his back. "You'll know what true suffering is," he slowly walked toward me, the smile upon is face shining in the dark.

I slowly backed away, I couldn't run, I could hide, and there was no point in trying. If Herobrine couldn't defeat him, I defiantly wouldn't be able to. I continued to hold Herobrine's body up from falling to the ground and he struggled to. I looked up to see him practically in front of my face...until something stopped him. He stood there like a statue with a blank face, not even a noise. 

Until he abruptly turned around and spun his sword in the air, protecting himself  from what was behind him. I didn't know what was happening at that moment until I saw him... Lukas, fighting Notch with all his strength and power. 

"RUN!" He screamed, holding his sword against Notch's.

I didn't hesitate, I ran as fast as I could, hoping he'd have a plan and hoping Herobrine would be able to keep up with me.  I ran into the open hallway again, and remembered Noah. I didn't know what to do at that moment I couldn't help two people at the same time, and I- 

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY!"I was cutt out of my thoughts when Notch kicked open the doors behind me. I turned around and saw Notch, running at full speed toward me until Lukas ran up and pinned him to the ground. He tied a rope behind his back and quickly ran toward me, helping me hold up Herobrine and running out the door as I followed.

"That rope wont hold him forever, keep running!" I continued running, forgetting every thought in my head except that one word...run. I heard someones angry scream echo across the walls as Lucas ran toward a stone wall. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I yelled at him, as I ran, our footsteps echoing.

"TRUST ME!" He ran up ahead and ran into the wall, except he pushed it open. A secret doorway? "Come on!" He said. I quickly ran in without thinking, and Lukas followed, shutting the door behind me. 

I held Herobrine around my shoulder  tightly as he grabbed onto my shirt. I could hear Notches muffled footsteps near the doorway, and slowly fade away. I signed a big relief.

"Lets go" he said, and walked into the darkness...and I followed.