Chit Chat

Hearing my words, Nina looks at me before looking down at her friend smacking her forehead rather harshly. She lets out a cry before glaring up at her colleague, after a moment she looks away frowning, 

"Whatever Nina. I've dealt with worse injuries in the past. Besides, if Jeremiah Stone saw me weak he'd push the games to continue. And Cole and I are a complicated past-" Nina who was watching her speak intently until now, she snorts which caused the speaker to roll her eyes annoyed. "I don't know how to explain it simply." She continues grabbing ahold of a water bottle that sat at the nightstand.

Nina looks up at me and decides to finish for her, "They went from friends, to fiance's to enemies." She concludes with her arms crossed, at that moment the injured patient chokes on the water she had drank sputtering droplets of her drink everywhere.

I look at the two dumbfounded, unable to even allow that thought to cross my mind. Fiance's?? Her? with him??? I shake my head "Fiance's?" I repeat in disbelief. To think, there had been a day where the two loved each other. How?? I've only been here for a day so I have no right to make these assumptions so I leave the topic as is and skip onto something else. 

"Never mind that what did you mean when you told Cole that 'it's important that I know my instructions?'" I ask dread overcoming me once more. 

Although the subject had been changed, Nina whispers to me so that Scarlett could not hear her, "I couldn't believe it either. They look like they could kill each other at any second..." I raise an eyebrow at her wondering where this was going "... Maybe we're mistaking that for sexual tension?" My eyes widen and I take a step away from her just in time to avoid the pillow that was being thrown in Nina's direction. 

She chuckles as Scarlett begins to speak, "Your instructions are to keep you alive. Cole and I were once in your shoes, and while he hates me he doesn't hate you. So you he's not going to want you to die quite yet." She explains crossing her arms. 

A look of flattery and consideration finds its way onto my face, "Ah, well, thats relieving and concerning... Should I be concerned as to why he doesn't hate me? He didn't seem quite fond of me yesterday calling me a 'pathetic kid' and all of that" I state recalling the uneasy scene, "also no offence but, if I'm with you who seems to show great enmity towards you, shouldn't that mean that he hates me too?" 

I wonder raising a singular eyebrow at the thought of it.  A thought suddenly occurs to me, "Wait but what if he tries using me as a mole or something? Or rather, you both plan on using me somehow to do some things that you know isn't allowed?"  I question suspiciously desperately hoping that they truly did not wish doing such actions.

She looks at me with an eyebrow raised, "Well...You certainly learn quickly...Yes he could be thinking of using you. He knows that when I'm done with you... If you're strong enough you'll survive and he'll be glad to try to recruit you. If you're not strong enough, you'll die." She casually lets out as though it were no big deal.

"Cole's too smart to hate merely by association and your not going to be much help of a mole kiddo." Nina says before turning to her friend, "Scarlett... You're not working wi-" He aquaintent cuts her off from finishing her sentence

"Fuck no. I can't believe you'd even question me." She spats bitterly whilst glaring up at her friend.

I frown at the thought of not being a very reliable source of information if I were to ever associate myself with Cole. I purse my lips suddenly remembering what were to happen if I weren't strong enough, A chill runs down my spine and I shiver, "What a fond thought" I mumble sarcastically "Dying from the lack of strength." I finish and shake my head and decide to change the topic.