"Our mom could not care less, that's how it's always been." Nathan said, keeping his answer short, the tone in his voice restrained as if he was not telling me something - I decided against pushing it the mother situation even further.

"What about your dad?" I asked in response.

"Dad..? Well, he's dead." Nathan looked away, as if he was guilty of something, he scratched the back of his neck, deciding against muttering another word.

"Oh... I'm sorry you guys, I didn't know." I was lost for words, hearing the important detail was not something I expected to happen, I decided to investigate the situation further though. "So did Tony ever stop?" I settled in for the question since it was safest route.

"Yeah, until now it seems." Nathan sighed. "He stopped paying attention to Allison when my father died, it obviously meant the deal was off - 'cause I'm pretty sure no one in the family at that point wanted the arranged marriage to happen." He explained to me.

I studied the situation carefully, being a nerd does have it's benefits sometimes, doesn't it? Anyway, I had noticed that Allison was silent during the whole time, deciding against breathing loudly - or so it seemed. That was the situation, until she peeled away from her brother's grasp leaving him confused, she had a solemn look on her face and she avoided eye contact. I woud've never though that Allison would be an attempted rape victim, I mean she's fierce - she kicked a guy's ass and literally left him with blue balls, the bruised kind. I guess never judge a book by it's cover, eh? Oh God, I was seeping into the Canadian stereotype, I need to stop saying 'eh'.

"I don't know what he wants from me this time, but I'll fucking kill him if I have to." Allison said, not even a single drop of humor in her tone, she looked ready to kill. Maybe the experience had changed her, quite radically, she seemed to have grown a pair out of a sudden, even Nathan was surprised at her outburst.

"Let's not go as far as killing alright? I will deal with this, don't you worry." Nathan reassured her, putting his hands on her shoulders to calm her down.

"No, Nathan, I'm done putting all my problems on you, as if you don't have enough already. I'm going to deal with this, and I'm going to do it my way, please respect that. I will not kill him, but I will make him regret what he had done to me." The killer gaze was back, her tone fiery, what I've noticed in her outburst was - she never made eye contact with anyone. I think she's lost and is seeking for help but doesn't want to show her weaknesses to us, it's okay to be weak, admitting it is what makes you stronger.

"Allison, whatever happens, I and Nathan-" I paused to look at him to get his confirmation, I was determined to make this right, as soon as Nate had caught on he nodded furiously at me like a child who had been offered a basket full of candy. "-will be by your side, no matter what, nobody has to go through shit alone, okay?" I asked her, trying to reassure her, she's not alone, and no one should ever be - that's what she taught me, and I'm not letting the opportunity to fulfill my friendship to her.