SEVENTEEN

The look on Patrick's face when he sees Pete the next day is pure disappointment. Merry Christmas Eve, Pete thinks bitterly, mentally rolling his eyes.

Pete can see his boyfriend's jaw clenched, his eyes set in a cold hard gaze on his lap as them and Andy and Joe sit in the café. Pete actually rolls his eyes this time and huffs out a breath, standing up and turning around. He doesn't look before he begins to walk, immediately bumping into someone and getting a whole, cold drink spilled on him.

"My fucking luck." Pete mutters, his body basically freezing, looking up at the mysterious jackass that dumped their drink on him. His eyes widen at the very attractive guy standing in front of him. Almost automatically, he feels bad for that thought. He has a gorgeous boyfriend, one that he loves to death, and he doesn't want to be with anyone else like ever.

"I'm sorry." The guy smiles, reaching to the nearest table and grabbing a few napkins. He offers some of them to Pete, the smile turning to a smirk when Pete just looks. "I'm Horacio Baker, it's ice to meet you."

Pete starts giggling at his joke, taking the napkins from the younger boy and wiping his shirt. Horacio helps, dragging the napkin across Pete's chest. Pete's breath hitches in his throat at how intimate the contact is. "I'm Pete Wentz, yeah, it is."

Pete hears a chair scrape the ground, and then Patrick appears next to him. "Patrick Stump, Pete's boyfriend." Patrick puts one arm around Pete's waist, the other offering his hand out to Horacio. His jaw remains clenched when he isn't talking, the veins becoming very apparent in both his arm and his hand, a sign of just how pissed he is.

"Horacio." He takes Patrick's hand, and Pete can see the fight for dominance when their hands touch. It seems Patrick wins, if Horacio pulling his hand back like he's been burned - which, Pete thinks belatedly, he has - is any indication.

"What year are you? I don't think I've seen you around." Patrick asks, sliding closer to Pete ask he talks. He puts on a fake smile, letting his jaw relax now that he's touching Pete more.

"Eleventh. I've been here for a few years." Horacio says, smiling at the two of them. He doesn't see Patrick slide his hand from Pete's waist to his back pocket when as he talks.

"A junior. Hmm. I'm a senior. You know, more experienced." At that, Patrick squeezes Pete's ass, causing the latter to gasp.

Horacio looks confused, one eyebrow raised and his bottom lip trapped between his teeth. "I'll see you guys later? Nice to meet you, Pete, Patrick." Horacio smiles and waves as he walks off.

The smile immediately drops off of Patrick's face as he removes his hand from Pete's pocket and glares. "You think that because we're fighting, you can flirt with who you want to? Just because some mildly attractive guy tells you a shitty joke doesn't mean he's going to love you like I do. Remember that."

"Patrick." Pete says, reaching out to touch Patrick's shoulder. The latter just shakes his head, walking away. "Fuck."

As Pete turns back to the table, Andy is smirking, and Joe is frowning. "You alright?" Joe asks, shaking his head.

"No." Pete says, and Joe gets up and hugs him. He thinks he sees Andy break out into a full on smile.

Pete sits in his room, his back against the wall as his stares at his feet. He's been in this position for hours, and his back is starting to hurt from being hunched over for so long.

Did he really flirt with Horacio? He didn't mean to. Sure, the guy is attractive, but Patrick is the literal love of his life.

Pete's thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door. He makes himself get up, his back cracking several times when he stretches. As soon as he walks to the door and gets it open, Joe is pushing him backwards and slamming the door shut.

"You need to apologise to Patrick." He says immediately, sitting down on Pete's chair. Pete raises an eyebrow and sits down on his own bed.

"I mean I was planning on it. But why are you being so urgent?" Pete asks, pulling his knees up to his chest.

"He wants to burn Baker alive." Joe says, and Pete's eyes widen as he gasps.

Pete leans forward, letting his knees fall back down. "Seriously?" He questions.

"Seriously." Joe confirms, nodding his head.

"Fuck. I don't even like the dude. I just think he's cool." Pete says, and he doesn't believe himself.

"You thought Patrick was cool, too. Look how that ended up." Joe rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry. Patrick means the world to me. I love him." Pete says, and this time, he means it.

"Don't tell me, show him." Joe says, shrugging his shoulders. With that, he stands up and leaves Pete's dorm without so much as a look back.

Pete falls back on his bed, spreading himself out. He stares up at the ceiling, in the same position he was in before Joe came in.

The last thing he wants is for Patrick to burn the only other friend he's made at this school alive. He also wants to keep the gorgeous boyfriend he has.

Pete sits up after about twenty minutes and gets off of the bed. He puts on one of Patrick's t-shirts and pulls his jeans and Vans on. As he sets out the door, the only thing on his mind is fixing things with Patrick, Horacio, and then getting them to get along.

hiiii what's up. i've been trying to update this more often. it isn't really working

i've quit basketball so i'll be able to update more frequently since my afternoons will be free. thank u all for keeping w me and reading this and everything else i put out

y'all the best

thoughts ??