TWENTY-SEVEN

Thanks to the bus, Pete finds himself standing outside of a large building that looks like it could be abandoned from the outside a mere thirty minutes later. This place looks sketchy, barely any cars parked anywhere, but he recognises TJ's as one of them and sighs in relief.

He finds himself rushing inside, and it's not at all what he expected. It looks just like a normal hospital; however, Pete can tell it's an Academy specific hospital when he looks at the sign above the secretary's head. That's why the outside is so beat up, so mortals don't come waltzing in here and fucking things up.

"Hello. Can I help you?" A woman smiles at him, not seeming at all suspicious about the hoodie he's wearing with the Academy's logo on it.

"Uh, yes, ma'am. Could you tell me which room Patrick Stump is in?" Pete asks, and she cocks her head at him, a conflicted look on her face.

"May I ask your relation? Only family members are allowed back." She says gently, probably because she doesn't want to upset him and cause a scene.

"Uh. I'm. I'm his partner." He answers, and she smiles widely at him.

"Oh, of course. Pete, I presume? I've heard Patrick has been asking for you." She replies, and his eyes widen. Patrick has been asking for him? "Room 233. You'll take those elevators up and turn left, and the room should be near the end of the hall."

"Thank you so much, ma'am." Pete says before basically sprinting to the elevators. It moves too slowly for his liking, most likely because he's eager to see Patrick, whom he hasn't seen in weeks.

He does exactly what he was told and finds himself standing in front of Patrick's door. He's almost afraid to go in, scared to see what state Patrick is in. Although, maybe he's not doing too bad if he's asking for Pete.

Pete decides to knock, and he's even more anxious when he hears Gavin's voice and not Patrick's saying, "Come in."

Pete opens the door slowly to see Gavin, TJ, and Ace sitting in chairs around Patrick's bed. He can't see his boyfriend since Gavin is blocking the way.

"Pete?" All three of them exclaim at the same time, and Ace is out of his chair and in front of Pete, blocking his view even more than it already was, in less than three seconds flat.

"What are you doing here? You know you're not to leave Thomas'." Ace says, his voice gentle, much like it was when Pete got hurt a few months ago.

"Please let me see him." Pete says in response, tears building in his eyes as he thinks about the hell he's been through not only today but the whole time Patrick's been away. He can't imagine not getting to see him. He can hear shuffling, thinks it's Gavin or TJ moving at first, but when Ace steps out of the way, Patrick is sitting straight up, staring at him wide-eyed. "Patrick!" He exclaims, running over to see his boyfriend.

Patrick's smile is huge, and he leans towards Pete, pulling him in for a tight hug. Finally, finally, Pete is in Patrick's arms again, and nothing could make this moment any better.

When they pull away, Pete finds his eyes trailing to a bandage covering most of the front of Patrick's throat. Patrick notices him looking and grabs Pete's chin to force him to look into his eyes. Patrick shakes his head, and Pete nods.

"I love you so much." Pete murmurs, and Patrick smiles again, nodding his head, as if to respond, 'I love you more.'

Patrick lets go of Pete and turns to Gavin, signing something. Gavin nods, a small smile on his face. "Gentlemen, I think we're being kicked out." He says as he turns to Ace and TJ. Both of them smile in response and move to get up.

"We'll be in the cafeteria downstairs." TJ says, and then the three of them walk out, Gavin in front, and Ace and TJ behind him, hands linked.

"God, I can't believe I'm here. I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you." Pete says, running his hands all over Patrick's beautiful face. Patrick smiles and drags Pete's head down to kiss him.

He feels Patrick's body cool down even more than usual, something that can only be done when one, Patrick is not wearing his necklace, or two, when Patrick is extremely vulnerable. Pete knows that Patrick is not wearing is necklace, nor is he in his usual state of dominance over Pete at the moment.

"Have we passed the worst of this?" Pete asks, pausing to see Patrick nod. "Will you be back at school soon?" Patrick nods again, and that makes Pete even more happy.

Patrick moves over to let Pete lie back in the bed with him, arms curling around his boyfriend's waist. Pete smiles and snuggles closer, hands fisted in Patrick's hospital gown.

They end up dozing off at some point, and when the other three men walk in, they all break out into wild smiles. "Big Gay Disasters Three and Four really are cute." Ace says, and TJ snorts, elbowing him.

"You're the biggest, gayest disaster of them all." TJ retorts, earning a smirk from Gavin. Ace looks offended for half a second before he shrugs and nods, throwing an arm over his boyfriend's shoulders.

"I wouldn't want it any other way." Ace responds, a smile on his face.

ace is becoming more likeable, right?

wow happy update, as it has been almost a year

i am SO sorry abt that, but i've been at school, struggling to keep up w classes and have felt extra unmotivated lately. however, classes have moved online, & i'm almost done with the year.

thank u all for bearing w me, & i hope that this update was worth the wait. you all are the best.

have the best day/night ever. love u guys so much.