NINE

As Pete reaches the football field, he sees no sign of Ace, just Andy and Joe kissing on the bench and Patrick lying down in the middle of the snowy field, either staring at the sky or asleep. Pete makes his way to where Patrick is lying, taking careful steps so the snow doesn't crunch under his feet and alert Patrick of his presence.

He isn't, but he doesn't seem to notice Pete anyways. His eyes are open, and he's focusing on the clouds, taking a finger and pointing it upwards, swirling it around. Fire rips through a cloud, in the shape of a heart. A line is drawn through the middle to imitate a broken heart.

Pete sighs and lies down next to Patrick, who opens his palm and lets the heart burn in away in the air when he notices Pete. He doesn't look Pete's way, does nothing but put his hand down to show that he's no longer going to draw things in the sky.

"I'm sorry." Pete says simply, moving his hand to take Patrick's. He brings it up to his mouth and presses a soft kiss to it. Almost immediately, Patrick's body cools down, and he shivers. This is the first time Pete's had some kind of effect on Patrick, and he's liking it, to be honest.

I know. And I know it makes you uncomfortable that I have his initials on my body, but they're stuck there. For the rest of my life. Patrick says, and Pete nods, putting their linked hands on his own chest, right over his heartbeat. You mean so much to me, Pete. And it's quite honestly kind of scaring me how you became such a big impact in my life in a fucking month.

Pete smiles, rolling over and closer to Patrick to where he can put his forehead to Patrick's cheek. Patrick's hand slips down to Pete's waist. "You make me happy." Pete says honesty, pressing a kiss to Patrick's cheek.

Patrick smiles, the hand not on Pete's waist coming up to the back of Pete's neck so he can haul him in for a kiss. It lasts longer than it probably should in the middle of the football field when they know they have company, but the other two seem to be doing the same, so they don't care.

"Oh god. Not you two too. Are Big Gay Disasters Number One and Two rubbing off on you guys?" Ace asks, pointing to Andy first and then Joe. He gets the bird from both of them, laughing afterwards. "Get up. It's time to work on weaknesses." Pete and Patrick stand up, dusting the snow off of one another, kissing again briefly to warm Pete up. Ace groans in protest. "Stop sucking faces. Gross."

"Like you didn't used to suck face with 'Lyss in front of all of us." Joe mumbles, blowing into his hands before grabbing Andy's probably equally cold hand.

"And I still would. But she's 'not into me anymore because I'm cruel and harsh to the children.'" Ace says, rolling his eyes and air quoting Alyssa's words. "From what Pete and I saw the other day, she's still totally into me and wants me."

"Wow. Big ego much?" Pete asks, rolling his eyes at Ace's grin.

"It's not the only thing that's big." Ace says, winking afterwards. After a few seconds, he adds, "That was not sexual harassment. I apologise. It was a joke. I'm forgetting you all are underage."

"What an asshole." Pete mutters, and Ace just nods, shrugging. Ace holds his hand out to Patrick, who takes the pen from behind his ear and puts it in Ace's hand.

"Gorgeous asshole." Joe corrects, narrowing his eyes as Ace concentrates on his notepad, marking things off.

"Isn't that the truth?" Andy adds, staring dreamily at Ace until the latter looks up and catches him.

"Hurley, you'll be in the field house with the wind machines, Trohman, you'll be in that giant hole I made you and Patrick dig last month, Stump, you'll be in the indoor swimming pool, and Wentz, you'll be in the giant fire Patrick's going to make near the hole Joe's in." Ace says, putting the notepad in his back pocket and handing Patrick his pen back.

Pete, Patrick, and Joe walk together to the hole, Ace and Andy going in the opposite direction to the field house. "If you guys need a few minutes, there's a hole I can just jump in. I don't know if my pull-out game is going to be as strong as usual, but I can try." Patrick rolls his eyes and waves at Joe before placing one hand in the center of his friend's chest and pushing. Joe lands in the hole on his feet - somehow - and Patrick just laughs silently at Joe's whining about his hair getting dirt in it.

"Come here." Pete says, cupping Patrick's cheeks. Patrick's hands go to Pete's back pockets, pulling him closer. Patrick raises an eyebrow before leaning up and kissing Pete, letting the latter run a hand through his hair and tug on it.

Patrick moans. Out loud.

It's the first sound Pete's ever heard come from Patrick's mouth. Pete pulls away, gasping, but Patrick pulls him back in, teeth biting Pete's lower lip and pulling, letting their lips disconnect again. "That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard." Pete says after a second, and it takes Patrick a moment to understand what he's talking about before his face turns bright red.

He grabs two handfuls of Pete's ass and pulls him closer again, earning another gasp from Pete. How is the only thing not bony on you, your ass? Patrick changes the subject, smirking at the blush arising on Pete's face.

"Fuck you." Pete laughs, letting his forehead press into Patrick's neck.

Would you let me? It'd be so good. I promise. Patrick asks, and Pete squeaks in response, eyes widened and eyebrows raised.

"Hey, guys, as much as I love hearing you talk about fucking - seriously, 'Trick, there's an option to where only you and Pete can hear - it's probably not a good idea that there's no fire started and we've been here for fifteen minutes." Joe calls out from the giant hole. Patrick laughs, letting go of Pete and snapping once. A huge fire is starting about ten feet from the hole as he leans in to kiss Pete again.

This time before he walks away, he squeezes Pete ass instead of his hips. Pete immediately feels the temperature go up a few degrees, and he's tugging at the hoodies he has on to get some air. Patrick looks back once to wink before he pulls his hoodie and shirt off in one swift motion as he walks into the indoor pool. It leaves Pete's mouth watering at his back muscles and the tattoos covering them.

ok i just found out ben platt likes dudes (idk if he likes girls or not but i know he likes guys) and i'm very happy bc i ship him and mike and him and will so hard

i'm going to camp for five days and i doubt i'll have time to write so happy update

thoughts?