Klaus narrowed his eyes. "I have other ways of getting information out of you, you know."

"Yes, your stalking method. And just how effective is proving for you, Klaus?"

"It's doing just fine, Rory."

The witch smiled upon hearing her name out of the vampire's mouth. "Fine. What is it that you desperately want to know?"

"Everything." Rory raised an eyebrow at his response. "I like to be very thorough."

"Not here or now though. I have a schedule that I have to keep, and this dalliance isn't a part of it."

Klaus raised an eyebrow. "Dalliance? Is that what this is now?"

But Rory continued, ignoring what the vampire just said. "There's a nice restaurant around the corner from here, Étoiles Filantes. We'll meet there around 8. Don't be late."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you're asking me out on a date."

"Keep dreaming, Klaus," Rory replied with a tight smile, yanking her arm out of the vampire's grasp and walking away.

・゚: *・゚:*・゚: *

Klaus neared the restaurant that Rory instructed him to meet her at, Étoiles Filantes. The restaurant was a large building and apparently popular due to the line forming outside of its doors. After vamp speeding to the front of the line, Klaus entered the restaurant that was nothing short of spectacular.

The wide space was filled with many tables, where guests dressed to the nines sat. The thick drapes covered the windows that allowed the guests to have privacy. The light emitting from the candle-shaped lights bounced off the glittering chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, which paired perfectly with the actual candles placed sparsely around the room. Clearly, this was a restaurant for the high-end of society.

Following the scent of her blood, Klaus made his way toward the back of the restaurant. As he expected, Rory was already sitting there, waiting for him. Her hair was curled, a portion of her hair pulled over to one side and held together by a diamond hairpin. It paired well with the diamond earrings and the diamond bracelet on her wrist. And since the light blue dress that she was wearing was rather plain, it allowed the jewelry she was wearing to truly shine.

But what shocked him was what Rory was doing. Her body was turned to one side to face the window, her eyes going from the scene outside and then back to the sketchbook on the table in front of her. The pencil in her hand moved steadily across the paper as she drew, trying to draw the scene in front of her. She was even more interesting to him now.

"You're on time." Klaus was startled at the sound of Rory's voice, though she made no attempt to look over at him.

The vampire took a seat across from her. "I'm a very punctual person."

"With a knack for stalking." The witch finally turned around in her seat so that she was facing Klaus, setting her pencil down and closing the book. "Well, I'm here. What do you want to know?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm a nobody."

"That's clearly a lie considering you were given a tour of Begonia Community Center and have enough money to dine here."

"Well, yes. I suppose you have a point," Rory muttered, unable to disagree with him. "I'm related to a somebody, making me a somebody by association."

Klaus took notice of how carefully Rory answered his question, but said nothing of it. "So, you know why I'm here, but why are you here exactly?"