The One With the Best Father

Začať od začiatku

"Well, she's still more useful than Chase." Adam joked before helping Bree off the ground and to the stool.

"You know, technically speaking, your bionics are working." Davenport convinced.

"You call this working?!" Bree asked in an unnaturally and almost threatening deep voice. "I can't control my vocal manipulation. I can't control anything!" She complained...great, now she's a chipmunk.

"I'm so close. It just needs a few tweaks." Davenport figured as he put some sort of neck brace on Bree.

"Dude, we're in big trouble if he can't fix her." Chase whispered to Adam off to the side. "We need her speed and agility for missions."

"Maybe we'll just find someone to replace her." Adam suggested.

"We can't just replace her." Chase deadpanned.

"You're right. Let's just forget about her and move on. She's dead to me." Adam pouted before starting to whimper and look as if he was about to cry.

"What's wrong?" Delta asked him, putting a hand on his arm.

"I miss Bree!" He cried causing Delta to roll her eyes and hug him from the side.

"No offense, Big D, but if your brother's the one who created her original chip, then maybe we should just call-" Leo proposed.

Of course Davenport immediately shut the idea down. "No! Forget about it. I never wanna see that waste of space again."

"But he's our only hope, and he's not all bad. He did save us from Krane." Chase defended.

"Yeah, you know what else he did? He blew up the lab, kidnapped you, and stole all my money."

"All I'm hearing is adventure and excitement." Adam shrugged.

"Look, I do not need any help from Douglas. I will fix this. Okay? give me a little credit. I happen to be a tech genius." He finished tweaking the chip and Bree stood up. "Okay. Let's give it another go." Bree started to run...backwards.

Adam laughed and sighed, "Oh, Mr. Davenport, you are not good at your job."

Not long after, Delta and Adam decided to go to the store and I decided to go upstairs along with Chase. Seeing Davenport fail over and over again is really exhausting. We were sitting on the couch. I was leaning against the arm, sitting sideways with my legs over Chase's.

"Ah, good news, Chase." Adam walked in followed by Delta who was shaking her head repeatedly. "I found a way to replace Bree's super speed."

"I begged him not too, but clearly he didn't listen." Delta continued to shake her head.

"Come on in!" Adam shouted, holding the door open for a little old lady on a walker. "I found her outside of the supermarket. She couldn't remember where she parked, so she's ours now." Chase and I slowly stood up.

"You wanna replace Bree...with an old lady." Chase repeated.

"More importantly...he stole an old lay." Delta pointed out.

"It's not stealing if she thinks you're her grandson." Adam redressed. "No, it's perfect. She's so old, no one would ever suspect she's bionic."

"Dude, quite." Chase warned, motioning to the old lady.

"Don't worry, she can't hear a thing. We discovered that on the car ride here." Delta crossed her arms.

"Come on, Chase. Picture it."

~Adam's Fantasy~
Zadie's POV:

The four of us had lawn chairs sitting in the middle of the lab. "Oh, bionic grandma, Delta and I are cold!" Adam called. She super sped into the lab and knitted a blanket.