46 | Anything

The compound is practically silent as Lexi rushes in. "Elijah! Rebekah! I know I'm late but—" She comes to a stop next to the fountain, looking around the area.

The scent of blood and smoke hits her like a punch to the gut. She peaks around the fountain to see Cami passed out with a bite mark on her neck. "Cami!" Lexi calls out, kneeling next to the human. She almost ignores the burnt corpse of Gia next to her.

She frantically listens for a heartbeat. When the sound finds her ears, Lexi relaxes. "Oh, you'll be fine." Lexi sighs.

Lexi begins to look around again and her heart stops in her chest. She gets up and, as if in slow motion, walks over to the passed out McCall pack. She glances at Scott's bloody face, Stiles' seemingly broken wrist. She can barely face Lydia's head wound. Kira and Malia seem fine, but blood is spattered over their shirts. Peter has a stab wound to the gut but nothing that won't heal.

Derek's face is all bloody as she squats next to him. He is the only one who is conscious. "Lexi..." He breathes, shaking her out of her trance.

Lexi curses colorfully, helping Derek into a seated position against a pillar. "What happened? Are you ok?"

Derek ignores her as he gently raises his hand to her cheek. He cups the side of her face, smiling through the blood in his mouth. Lexi tenses, glancing at his hand out of the corner of her eye. "You're back."

"Of course I came back." She finds herself snuggling into his hand, his fingers now brushing her hair. "What happened, Derek? Who did this?"

"Lexi," He inhales sharply, grimacing. "You have to run, now."

"No, I'm not leaving you," she insists, inching closer to him.

"Not again." Her voice echoes in the back of his head from a long forgotten memory.

"Run, Lexi," he repeats. "They already took down Elijah—"

"Elijah?" Lexi's eyes widen before she scans the room behind her. "Oh god," Her voice breaks, seeing Elijah unconscious on the other side of the room. Red stains his shirt near his heart. "Stay here." She orders, standing to walk over to her brother.

"Lexi—" Derek tries to stand but swallows his cry of pain instead. He doesn't notice when Lexi stops walking. Or who is in between her and her brother.

"Get out of my way," Lexi warns her aunt.

"I'm afraid I can't let you help him," Dahlia says. "Not yet."

Then she doubles over in pain, blood pouring from her eyes. Lexi watches as Dahlia spits out blood. "Impressive."

"I have power, Dahlia," Lexi hisses, anger clear in her expression. "You said it yourself. All I had to do," Dahlia cries out again. "Was get more."

"Stupid girl," Dahlia sneers, wicked laughs bubbling in her mouth. "You don't think that was my plan all along? Get more power?"

Derek growls from his position on the ground, causing Lexi to falter. "I'm surprised you haven't noticed yet," Dahlia laughs, straightening her back. "Your lovely sister showed them a few things. Why do you think the beta is fighting so hard for you?"

Lexi's eyes find Derek's. Fear seems to be the only thing Derek can see. Her fear of him finding her. Her fear of Klaus' threat. Her fear of being ripped away again.

But then she looks back at Dahlia. The witch freezes completely at the look of utter hatred accompanying the smirk on Lexi's face. "You want to see how much power I have, dear aunt?" Lexi lets out a dark chuckle. "I have the ancestors on my side, just this once. And the dark magic that comes ultimately from you. When you create a fox that feeds off chaos, you should make sure I don't find it next time."