45 | Power

Lexi walks through the forest, holding a familiar jar. The jar made of the wood from the Nemeton contains one of the greatest enemies Beacon Hills has ever faced: The nogitsune.

She walks up to the once great tree and kneels by its stump. She places the jar beside her before gently laying her hands on the spirals of the wood. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. She starts to chant a spell: one that will transfer the great Nemeton's power to her own.

Wind starts to pick up around her and she squeezes her eyes more, trying to concentrate on the chant rather than the environment. A trickle of blood pours from her nose as she throws her head back.

A white light bursts from the tree. Her veins turn white as Lexi absorbs the power. She slumps down before blinking a few times. "I did it," she whispers to herself.

She quickly wipes the blood from her nose before grabbing the jar. She sets the jar in the middle of the tree and opens the lid.

A small fly buzzes out, excited by the change in surroundings. It starts to emit a darkness that morphs into a black fox with darkness radiating from its body. "You must be so excited, huh, little fox?" The voice makes the fox freeze.

It turns around to see an emotionless Alexis Mikaelson, observing it. "You didn't think you would actually be let out, did you?" She raises an eyebrow. The fox takes its chances and jumps off the tree. A force pushes it back. The fox looks at the disappearing barrier in confusion.

"Silly fox." Lexi clicks her tongue. The fox looks at the Original, almost in fear. She sends it a sickly sweet smile before opening her hand. The fly, the original host for the fox, lies barely alive in her hand.

The fox starts to get anxious. It yelps at the girl only earning a smirk. "Take a good look around, Nogitsune. This will be the last thing you see." Lexi closes her other hand over the fly and starts to chant.

The fox screams in pain as the darkness flows towards Alexis. Her views turn black as she absorbs the power from the 1,000-year-old Nogitsune.

The fox lets out a final scream before the body of the fox fade and Lexi opens her eyes.

Anyone could notice the difference in the girl. Instead of her normal complexion, her skin is pale and where her eyes used to be a bright blue, they are now pitch black.

She blinks a few times and the blackness goes away, leaving her eyes darker than before. She opens up her hand and looks at the now dead fly. She turns her hand upside down, letting the corpse fall to the ground.

Her phone rings and she quickly picks it up. "Hello?"

"Lexi! Why the hell did you take the jar?!" Chris Argent yells over the phone.

"Oh, Argent. No need to worry about it. I took care of the Nogitsune. It will not be back anytime soon."

"What did you do?" He asks, slightly worried. When she doesn't answer he starts to yell. "Lexi! What the hell did you do? Lex-" She hangs up the phone with a sigh.

"Hunters and their drama," she sighs before sauntering away from the tree and towards the road.

When she reaches her car, her phone rings yet again. This time, it is Elijah who calls. "What is it, brother? I'm coming home."

"You may not like what you find," Elijah states.

"What do you mean?"

"Niklaus was being a stubborn ass. He killed Aiden in cold blood and jeopardized the life of his child. Kol completed the dagger. So, Rebekah, Freya and I subdued him."

"You what?" Lexi yells. "You idiots! We need Niklaus. If I am unable to kill Dahlia then..." She stops herself, sighing.

"Then what, Alexis? You took off without a word. What did you do?"

"If I am unable to kill Dahlia, someone is going to have to kill me," Lexi admits, looking around. "Too much darkness and light magic in an endless battle. If I don't let go of this magic soon... You'll end up with another Dahlia, if not our parents combined with our aunt."

"Alexis, what did you do?" Elijah asks, deadly serious.

"I did what had to be done. I will be there soon, Elijah. Don't do anything stupid." She hangs up the phone and gets into the car.

As she goes to stop the car, she stops, looking at her hand. Her hand shakes with power as her veins turn from white to black, trying to find balance in the battling energies running through her.

She takes a deep breath before starting the car and driving off to help her siblings in the fight to end Dahlia.

Little did she know of the new alliance between Niklaus and the powerful witch trying to take his daughter.

Sorry, it's short... Again... Hope you enjoyed!