R is for Remember

Prussia looked at the clock.

9 am.

He was getting worried now. Where was Germany? He wasn't down yet.

He started to walk up the stairs to his brother's room.

"West?" He knocked on his brother's door.

No answer.

"West?" He knocked again.

Still no answer.

Prussia gently opened the door.

Germany was out of bed on the floor. He had his back on the wall, his knees up, and had his head in his hands.

"West?" Prussia asked again.

Germany still didn't answer.

Prussia frowned, walked over, and sat down next to his little brother, "What's wrong?"

"I don't deserve to live after all I done," His brother just responded.

Prussia immediately knew what he was talking about. He noticed Germany pointing at the calendar in his room.

Prussia looked at it and held his breath. He sighed.

January 30th.

The day the Holocaust started.

"Innocent people who didn't deserve to die, did," Germany just said shaking  his head, "I did that."

Prussia sighed again as he remembered those days. His little brother had been brainwashed by his boss into thinking  what he was doing was right.

"I let him convince me," Germany than said.

"I'm the reason you're country's gon-"

"Don't say that," Prussia said firmly causing Germany to look up at him.

Prussia looked straight at him, "You didn't agree with him at first but then got brainwashed by him. Yes, what happened, happened. And for some time, you weren't trust by others. But you made up for it."

"How can you trust me?" Germany asked, "After all I did?"

Prussia spoke confidently, "You're my bruder, I always trusted you. During the war, alot went on... But I knew there was still good in you. The Ludwig during that time wasn't the Ludwig I know. And besides, you redeemed yourself from that time. You eventually earned everyone's trust back again."

"But your nation-"

"Yeah," Prussia sighed, "The awesome country of Prussia is gone. But the awesome me is still here!!"

Germany smiled a bit, "If you completely dissolved, I don't know what I would have don-"

"Let's not think about that."

Germany nodded, "I still remember the screams and horror."

"West, you never will forget. You always will remember-"

"And I can always pay my respects to those who didn't deserve to have their lives taken from them," Germany said.

Prussia nodded, "You can," he then walked out the room to leave Germany alone with his thoughts.

Pay his respects.

Yeah, he was gonna do that.

He got up and walked out the room.