6

1K! For real? You guys are amazinnnnngggggg!!!!!!!! This is my first book ever to hit 1K Reads! I love you guys! I'm so grateful. Thank you.

**Warning: This contains spoilers for the last two Andi Mack episodes 'Mama' and 'Friends Like These' It won't make since if you didn't watch it.

A lot has happened since the last time we saw young Cyrus. He and Iris were in an awkward position and he broke his thumb. But that didn't prevent this new rush of feelings he had since then. 

Obviously, he missed Iris. He tried calling her, texting her, etc. But since taking a risk in skateboarding made him feel a new feeling. A better feeling. Confident? Maybe. But deep down in his little heart he couldn't help but feel embarrassed by what happened.

Iris snuggled into his chest. He could tell what she was doing, but he wasn't nervous. WHO WAS HE KIDDING HE WAS NERVOUS!!! He'd never kissed anyone before. I mean, sure, Iris kissed him but he wasn't the one who did it. He's only kissed a stuffed animal. (Sorry Fluffers) He doesn't even like kissing his mom, let alone Iris.

His stomach was queasy and his vision began to fade.

'Did I take my pills. I didn't take my pills. Curse modern medicine for establishing a tolerance to things I don't need.' A panicked Cyrus thought.

He looked down at Iris as she puckered her lips at him. He tried making them look attractive as other boys liked girl lips. 'Girl lips? That's a weird phrase. Think Cyrus, think! '

But he couldn't think straight.

He wasn't.

And then his eyes filled with dread as he realized he'd been staring down at her too long. And then with all his might, he forced himself to kiss her.

For like, one second.

When he reached his head up, he realized what'd he'd done. He couldn't believe it. Iris wanted to kiss him. She wanted to kiss her not-at-all-into-Jonah-Beck boyfriend. But she couldn't. Because her totally-super-different boyfriend was all that existed. And he just gave her a quick peck because he was too 'different' to love her. To want her. To kiss her.

"I'm sorry..." Was all he said. 

Iris was certainly baffled as she looked at him with what was shock and confusion. She tried to calm him but all she could do was look at him open mouthed at his sudden drawback.

"I--I gotta go." He said, quickly grabbing his stuff and not looking back as he rushed out of his confused girlfriend's house.

The instant he left the house and felt the cold sharp air, he collapsed on his knees in front of their door. He felt his breathing heavy as his heart sank down to his stomach. He felt a lump form in his throat as warm teardrops sprinkled  down his cheeks. And there he sat, crying, on his "girlfriend's" lawn. His knees were probably dirty, his stuff sprawled all over the ground and the neighbors were most likely  watching him. 

But for once he didn't care. He just sat, bawled up and crying as he felt his tears wash his guilt off his face. And there they washed.

And washed.

And washed?

Why was his face so wet?

And his outfit was wet too.

Cyrus looked up to see that Iris' sprinklers automatically turned on and were soaking him. Normally he'd be happy experiencing how grass felt when they were washed. But now was not the time.