3

"He wants to go to the Spoon! With me!"

Cyrus was freaking out. Jonah Beck had asked him to go to the Spoon.

This was practically a date!

Actually he wanted to talk to him about practice, but a date nonetheless.

"Calm down, Cyrus. Breathe." Buffy said.

Cyrus had called her the instant he heard the exciting news.

"What do I do? Should I do my hair? Should I do Cute and Cuddly Cyrus or Bad Boy Cyrus? I was actually thinking maybe a combination of the two. I should condition my hair and then i'll--"

"Cyrus! Tell. Me. What. Happened."

Cyrus took a breathe. He was feeling queasy. Really queasy. Did Jonah Beck like him? What if he did? What if he didn't.

"Okay. If went like this."

Cyrus was walking down the hall, texting Iris. He very much liked Iris. (She was his first kiss by the way.) But he knew he couldn't lead her on anymore. He had to tell her he was g-- different.

In the midst of typing his message, someone bumped into him, knocking their books on the ground.

"Oh, Im sorry. Lemme help--"

Jonah.

When Cyrus grabbed his book, someone did too. Of course, it was Jonah Beck. They grabbed it at the same time and it felt like something from a romance movie. Cue lovey dovey music.

Wait, he can actually hear music.

Oh, it was the band. What a coincidence.

Jonah met his eyes and a light beamed on him and his hair blew in the wind.

Oh, someone opened the school doors.

This moment, however was too perfect for Cyrus. He drew his hand back and stood up, posing awkwardly.

"H-H--hey. Jonah Jonah Bobona." Cyrus said, nervously. He has to stop calling him that! Buffy had made it obvious the other day.

"Hey Cy. Looks like we dropped our books." Jonah said, observing the many books that were now littering the ground. If the librarian found out, she'd kill them. Probably literally.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." Cyrus apologized.

"No worries. In fact, I was just looking for you. I have some homework to get in first, but at 4:00, maybe we can meet at the Spoon? Maybe?" Jonah smiled at him.

The weird feeling Cyrus gets when he sees Jonah came back. It rushed from the pits of his stomach to his head, causing a headache. His heart was beating, palms sweating and his head was rushing. He was contemplating whether to puke or pass out.

There was now way he could tell Iris now.

"Uh--uh, yeah. Um, sure. I'll be there."

"See you later, dude." Jonah said to him. And then he was gone.

Cyrus heard the music again.

"Well you're going, right?" Buffy asked.

"Duh. I can't bail on Jonah Beck. The Jonah Beck." Cyrus explained, while smoothening out his sweater vest.

"He's a person, Cy. Not a God." Buffy argued.

"Not a God. The God. Buffy I really need you to get on my level of excitement, here." Cyrus had said to her.