L

Tord locked himself in his room. He played with the small jewel on the end of his necklace. He sighed.
"Will things really get better dad? Or am I just gonna be a laughing stock like Tom said..." Tord asked a picture of him and his dad. After a little bit he put the picture back on his table and laid down on his bed. He wanted to cry. Oh how badly he wanted to cry. He couldn't though, he wouldn't let himself.
He soon fell asleep and woke up to the sound of Pat knocking on his door. He groaned and sat up.
"Tord! Get up and get ready for school!" Pat yelled as Tord groaned. He had a headache and he just wanted to go back to sleep. He walked over to his mirror and looked at himself. He looked awful. He replayed the words in his head again.
Weirdo
Coward
Faggot
W E A K
Tord growled at himself before hitting the mirror, almost breaking it.
"Why can't you just be normal? You don't deserve the love the others give you...you deserve the things Tom says! You know he's right!" Tord yelled, a few tears streaming down his cheeks. He took a deep breath before getting ready. He put on a t-shirt with the red army symbol on it along with black and white flannel over it, black pants, and his solid white shoes. Well, used to be solid white. They're quite dirty now.
He brushed his hair and teeth and tried smiling at himself in the mirror. Something he'd do every day but hadn't in a while. It didn't help at all, in fact it made it worse. He sighed and walked out the door.

He got to school and sat on the floor. This time he was drawing. He smiled at himself at his sketch of his dad he made. He was a redhead believe it or not, with a scruffy beard and a wide smile. He had tattoos everywhere. He was happy for maybe a millisecond before Tom came over and looked at him again, the same as yesterday.
"Hey commie what's up?" Tom said with a smile, his hands in his jacket pockets.
"Please stop calling me that...just leave me alone... " Tord said, his head down making sure not to make eye contact with Tom. Tom chuckled.
"Do I intimidate you Tordy? I bet you couldn't even lift 20 pounds!" Tom said in a deep voice. Tord sighed and stood up, walking the other direction.
"Awww! Bye coward see you at lunch!" Tom yelled while laughing.

Tord had been down ever since then. He was in class and was daydreaming. He started thinking about his dad and all they'd do together. He started to get tears in his eyes but didn't let them fall. He heard a loud bang and he looked up to see his teacher had slammed his hand down on his desk, and was now glaring at him.
"Can I see you outside Mr. Lincoln?!" He yelled as Tord coward down in his seat. He nodded and stood up. He slowly walked out into the hallway as other kids started whispering and laughing.
They stood outside, Tord hung his head and rubbed his arm. Tom was walking back from the bathroom when he saw Tord outside with his teacher. He snickered and hid behind a wall to listen in.

"I've read your folders Tord...I know what you've been through and how you act...I don't like you alright? Your kind make me sick...nothing is good enough for you so you just want to make a few cuts huh?!" his teacher yelled, putting his hands on his hips.
"Your kind? What does he mean?" Tom whispered to himself, now even more interested.
"I called your name to answer a question three time and you still didn't listen! Maybe I Gould talk to your father about-...oh wait...I can't! Do you know why Mr. Lincoln?" The teacher asked. Tord now had tears running down his face as he nodded.
"B-because I l-lost him to cancer..." Tord said, still not lifting his head.
"That's right! Look at that you DO know something! Now I know you've had some time to get over this SO GET OVER IT AND PAY ATTENTION!" The teacher yelled. Tord was now sobbing and leaned against the wall, hugging himself.
"And stop being such a baby! God don't you know boys don't cry?" The teacher said, crossing his arms.
"Hey! You know when you lost your dog you cried about it for maybe...hmm...two months before you could teach anything! You also took maybe a week off...that was a dog...this is his fucking father so maybe you should think a little..." Tom said, coming out from behind the wall, his arms crossed.

"Wilde? The heck are you doing here? Go to class!" The teacher yelled. Tord looked up. Confused on why Tom was taking up for him.
"Do you rub yellow paint all over your teeth? Cause that's what it looks like! Smells like it too!" Tom said while laughing and waving his hand over his nose. The teacher growled.
"You will be given detention for this Wilde! Got that?!" The teacher yelled before starting back towards the room.
"And you get yourself together before coming back in here!" He yelled before walking into the classroom.
Tord looked over at Tom and smiled. Tom smiled back and nodded his head before walking off. Maybe Tom isn't that bad.

Tom was now fascinated with finding out Tord's backstory.
What did he mean by your kind?
A few cuts?
Tom was confused. He needed to get Tords folder. That had ALL his information. Medical records. Everything. He had a plan. He would sneak into the office while he was in detention and get it. Then he'd be able to use everything against poor Tord. Tom chuckled to himself as he reached his class.