U

ALRIGHT! BEFORE I START THIS! I have an announcement to WHY I'm starting this. New Times is sadly coming to an end...there are only a few chapters left I have to write...I know how it's gonna end and everything! Maybe I'll write a sequal later. BUT I want to be writing two stories at a time, so when New Times ends, I'll be writing this one! SO, I will have two stories, Trust Issues and Unlovable. **sad song for the ending of New Times**

Tord was just outside the hospital. His father had just passed from cancer. He was still holding the necklace he gave him. It was a bit long, with a black crystal at the end. He didn't shed a tear though. He was taught it meant weakness. A black car pulled up in front of him, and he looked up confused. The door opened and out stepped Pat with a sad expression. Tord quickly saluted. "So...he's...gone?" Pat asked, looking down at Tord. Tord nodded, obviously trying to hold back tears. He kept his stance and didn't slouch or anything.

"Tord...you know it's okay to cry right?" Pat said, putting a hand on Tord's shoulder.
"I-It shows weakness..." Tord said in a stern voice.
"No it doesn't...not at a time like this..." Pat said, pulling Tord into a hug. Tord hesitated before hugging back, and starting to sob.
"Wha-What's going to happen to me?!" Tord yelled, hugging tighter.
"Are t-they going to send me away! Whe-re I have to live with oth-er kids without p-parents?!" Tord yelled, sobbing in between words.
"You're going to live with us, up at the base. We're going to teach you how to be the next RL! It'll be fun but it'll take a lot of work." Pat said, pulling away form the hug and giving Tord a smile.
"I-I'm only 15! How the h-hell am I going t-to lead a who-le army?!" Tord yelled, his fists balling up.
"You aren't until you're 18 Tord...for now me and Paul will handle things...but we're just going to put you in training, along with school." Pat replied, giving Tord a reassuring pat on the back.
"B-But I've always been home schooled! Well...ever since 1st grade when I set the teacher on fire!" (South Park anyone??) Tord yelled. He hated the idea of going back to school. What if the kids remembered what he did, and were scared of him.

Pat sighed.
"Tordy-"
"Don't call me that...it...reminds me of..." Tord looked down, more tears starting to come down. His dad always called him Tordy or Tordster.
"Sorry...Tord...it'll do you good to be in contact with other kids your age...you've never had a birthday party, or a sleep over, or gone out and done something! You've never made a single friend except for when one of the soldiers bring their kids to work..." Pat said in a sad tone.
"I don't need friends...they only drag me down!" Tord yelled, crossing his arms.
"Have you ever felt the feeling of friendship Tord? The friendship that soon turns to a relationship? Or maybe even more? The feeling of taking a picture with a friend and then looking at it years later and feeling the feeling of ahhh memories?! Tord...friends get you through tough times...they bring you up...they give you happiness...and you need that right now..." Pat said as Tord started to tear up again. Pat stood up straight.
"Common...it's time to go..." Pat said, opening the door of the car. Tord crawled in and buckled up. He stared out the window in silence. It was around midnight, and Tord was obviously tired. He yawned. He soon fell asleep in the car. When they arrived Paul and Pat exited the car and started walking up to the base to notice Tord wasn't following them. Pat opened the door to where Tord was sitting. He fell and goraned, the seat belt not letting him fall all the way. Pat chuckled and un-buckled him like a two year old. He picked him up and started walking to the base. Tord may be 15, but he was SUPER light and small. He didn't care if he was being carried like a child, he was half asleep anyway. He slowly wrapped his arms around Pat's neck and layed his head on his shoulder.
"Tord, you're a teenager and you want to act like this?" Pat asked as Tord groaned and nodded. Pat chuckled again and walked inside.
"Is he okay?" Paul asked, seeing Pat walk in with Tord.
"Yeah...he fell asleep...he's...had a rough day..." Pat said, rubbing Tord's back.

Pat slowly walked to the elevator and rode up to the dorm rooms. He waled Tord to his (the one he stayed in if he spent the night there or something) He took off his shoes and laid him down on the bed and covered him up. Tord groaned again and sat up.
"Where...how did we get here..." Tord asked, rubbing his eyes. Pat chuckled.
"You fell asleep in the car...just get some sleep okay...you must be exhausted..." Pat said, ruffling Tord's hair. Tord hummed and smiled, his eyes closed.
"Goodnight Tordy..." Pat said, standing up and starting to walk out the room.
"Night dad..." Tord said as he covered up and turned to face away from the door. Pat stopped and sighed. Poor Tord was so tired he didn't realize what he sad. Pat slowly walked out the room and shut the door.
"You sure he's okay?" Paul asked from behind him. Pat turned around with a sad expression.
"Um...probably not...he just called me dad..."
"What why?" Paul asked, confused.
"Well...his dad used to call him Tordy, and I said goodnight Tordy and he was so tired he said night dad..." Pat said, looking to the side. Paul sighed.
"We're probably going to have to get him therapy or something..." Paul said as Pat nodded.

"We'll go tomorrow and get his stuff...he starts school in a week, correct?" Pat asked. Paul nodded.
"I hope he's okay...I see him as a nephew or something...I saw Brian as a brother!" Paul said with a smile.
"Heh...me too! He was always so fucking stupid...remember when we took him to get groceries ONE time and he fucking rode the carts down the damn isles?!" Pat said, as he started to laugh.
"Oh my god YES! He also loved Tord to death...remember when Tord was a toddler, and he got lost in the mall and Brian swore he would shoot everyone if he wasn't found?" Paul said with a small smile.
"Yea...he loved Tord more than anything...poor thing's been left behind and he's just confused on what to do now..." Pat said sadly.
"We should probably get to bed...it's late and we have to wake up early..." Paul said with a huff. Pat nodded and they headed to their dorm rooms.