“You okay?” Tracy asked when I froze up in the elevator.

I told myself that maybe seeing Taylor one more time was going to give me closure. Maybe it was the perfect way to make sure we had both made the right decision.

“I'm great,” I said and stepped out of the elevator.

We got in and one of the workers welcomed us, taking our coats.

Tracy proceeded to the living room.  “Oh f*ck!”

Stunned, I ran over to her. “What?”

“This place is stunning!” she said.

I took a breath. “You scared the sh*t out of me,” I said and relaxed myself.

“Thanks to Jordan's firm,” Taylor said, startling us both as we turned to face her.

She was wearing a short beautiful but simple black dress that delicately exposed her curves and long slender legs. Her hair was freely falling down her shoulders, making her look like a princess out of a fairytale. I hated how great she looked because I was dressed as I felt, like shit.

“Hello Taylor,” Tracy said.

“Hi Tracy, it's good to see you,” Taylor said.

They had made up after the misunderstanding had been cleared and were trying to be friends again.

Taylor turned her attention to me, but did not say anything.

“I'll just take the pictures and get out of your way,” I said when I recovered my voice.

I needed to get out of there because the large room felt like it had shrunk in size and I was feeling claustrophobic.

“Where do you want to start?” Tracy asked, perfectly playing the role I had given her.

“Anywhere, it doesn't matter,” I said as I prepared the digital camera and turned away from Taylor.

I looked around the living room and started taking pictures of the details that were important for the firm’s portfolio. When I finished with the living room, I moved on to the workers quarters, then went to the study, the kitchen, the dining room and Angie's bedroom.

The master bedroom was the last room and I felt peculiarly uncomfortable being in there. Now that Taylor and Henry had made up, I wondered if they shared that bed together as man and wife. The thought troubled me.

“Jordan, I have to go. Something just came up at work,” Tracy said from the door.

I turned my gaze away from the bed and looked at Tracy. I had left her in the living room and I didn’t know if she was lying just to leave me alone with Taylor, or if she was being honest. “Okay,” I said.

I shouldn’t have dragged her there anyway. It was pathetic. I needed to handle my problems myself. It was pointless to involve other people.

“Would you like something to drink?” Taylor asked from the door once Tracy left.

I adjusted the camera, forcing away the discomfort and continued taking the pictures. “No, but thank you,” I said, suddenly wondering where Angie was. “Where is Angie?”

“She’s at a play date with one of her classmates.”

Cautiously, I turned around and asked, “Henry?”

Taylor elegantly made her way to her make up stand and said, “Working.”

“Has anything changed?” I asked. I did not want to involve myself in her problems or in her marriage, but I couldn’t help myself. I loved her. I wanted to know everything that happened since the last time I had seen her. I wanted to feel her presence in my life.