Truth of a class trial.

4 days later 

It was the day of the class trial.

Shuichi had been stressing non-stop about it, he had been scanning over the scene of the crime again and again making sure he didn't miss anything. Kokichi had been a great help but he wanted to help Shuichi to relax and Shuichi just couldn't. He couldn't spend time with Kokichi as he had just been distracting him. Shuichi always hated being unprepared for important events but because of this, he had become emotionally distant to Kokichi which was something he never intended to do. 

Shuichi was sat in his room going over and over the evidence when he heard a knock at his door. Shuichi tidied the evidence away and then headed to the door. He thought it was Kokichi as the door but when he opened it, it was Maki. 

"Oh. Maki, hi." Shuichi greeted. 

Maki smiled at him, showed herself in and sat on the floor. Shuichi sat down beside her and sighed. "Before you ask, I was seeing how you are." Maki claimed. 

"I'm fin--" Shuichi attempted to reply before being cut off by Maki.

"Don't say you're fine, I don't believe you." Maki scowled, "Tell me the truth." 

"I'm just a little stressed is all." Shuichi shrugged. 

Maki rolled her eyes. "Tell me the truth." 

Shuichi tried to reach for his notes but was restrained by Maki. "I don't mean about the case Shuichi, I mean about Kokichi." 

Shuichi sighed, he hated being so distant Kokichi but he had to distance himself from Kokichi just in case he let everyone down and let everyone die including his boyfriend. 

He trusted Maki however and decided to tell her. 

"I really like him Maki and..." Shuichi said, starting to tear up.

Shuichi's eyes were filled with tears, everytime he wiped them away his eyes became more and more red. Maki had a rather depressed look on her face and finally said "Do you wish you weren't in a relationship?" "Is it possible in a place like this?"

"I'm happy with him..I just don't want to screw it up." Shuichi finally spat out. 

"Wait..is that why you haven't been spending time with Kokichi?" 

"Yes.." Shuichi stuttered. 

"You idiot! You need to spend time with Kokichi! You need to let him know that you like him!" Maki snapped.

Shuichi looked concerned as Maki took a deep breath. She was normally so collected and poker faced but when she snapped it was obvious that she was hiding something. 

"Don't worry Shuichi, about the class trial I mean." Maki sighed, "Go spend some time with Kokichi, he misses you." 

Shuichi smiled and then nodded. Before he left, he turned to Maki and said "You too, go to him Maki." 

Maki looked startled. "Wha--he knew?"

Shuichi laughed then left the room. 

Shuichi headed to Kokichi's dorm and when he reached it, he knocked gently on the door. He waited for a few minutes before the door opened. Kokichi looked tired but his face lit up as soon as he saw Shuichi. "SHUICHI!" Kokichi screamed before kissing Shuichi and dragging him into his room then slamming the door.

During that, Maki stood against a wall so she was able to see everything. She smiled. "They really are cute together." Maki huffed. She was happy that Shuichi was happy but at the same time, pissed off that she was so easy to read. Kaito walked up to her silently then shouted loudly in her ear causing her to jump up and kick him as hard as she could.