Years after.

Shuichi Saihara was trapped in the killing game at age fifteen. 

He was let out of the killing game when he was seventeen. 

Ever since that day, Shuichi promised to find Kokichi and use his talent for good. He managed to set up his own Detective agency which had slowly grown bigger and bigger, creating a well-known name for himself. He didn't care about fame and fortune, he wanted to help people and find Kokichi. 

It had been 7 years since they were separated but Shuichi had never given up on the hope of one-day finding him. Using his Detective skills he had managed to track down K1-BO, Himiko and Kaito but Kokichi and Maki were off the grid. 

Shuichi climbed out of his bed and started getting things together for the day. He had three appointments to do with cases he was working on but he always saved time at the end of the day for tracking down Maki and Kokichi. 

Shuichi had his own apartment and was a self-employed Detective with a 100% success rate but there was one case he hadn't managed to solve, the location of his remaining friends. 

Shuichi took a deep breath then walked out of his apartment, then locked it. The building he was in was rather compact in size and everyone knew everyone. Shuichi walked out of the building and started to walk down the street towards his office, "Good morning Saihara!" One of his neighbours shouted down to him. He waved up to them then continued on his way. 

Shuichi had remained in Japan because it was all he knew, he thought about moving abroad but he just couldn't do it. No matter where he went, everyone in the world knew about the Killing Game and therefore, everyone knew him and what had happened to him. "I want people to treat me normally." That was the only thing Shuichi wished for but he knew it would never happen.

He eventually made it to the office building where we worked, which he rented one room in. The office block was a building that anybody could rent an office or room in so it was full of many different people doing lots of different jobs. 

As Shuichi walked in, he saw Noriko and Osamu who were two girls from the training police forces who were also working in the building. 

"Morning Shuichi-kun!" Osamu cooed. 

Shuichi rolled his eyes. He couldn't be asked with the relentless flirting, it was extremely annoying. But he kept his calm and replied professionally, "Please call me Detective Saihara." 

"Alright Detective, whatever you want.." Osamu flirted. 

Shuichi just ignored that and walked to his office and sat down at his desk. "Right, case file.." He muttered to himself, "Oh crap, where is it?"

Shuichi started to rake through his desk trying to find the case file he needed. "Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!" Shuichi panicked. 

"You lookin for this?" A hand was put in front of Shuichi's face holding a case file. 

"Oh..Thank you!" Shuichi sighed. 

Shuichi finally saw the guy who had handed him the file. 

He had a large pink coat over one shoulder and spiky brown hair. "You've really made something of yourself huh?" He laughed, "This sure is a nice place.." 

Shuichi took the case file and put it down on the table

Shuichi took the case file and put it down on the table. He was too shocked to say anything. Instead, he hugged him. "Woah, Shuichi." Kaito laughed. 

"Sorry, I uh.. haven't seen you in ages." Shuichi asked, "Why are you here?" 

"Na, I just wanted to see you mate." Kaito instructed, "Maybe help you with a few cases." 

Shuichi laughed gently, "I've just got in myself, I can't leave." 

"I didn't think you would be but I want to help with the cases." Kaito exclaimed. 

Shuichi laughed to himself but eventually got the case file and started to go through it. "This is a case about a robbery that happened a few days ago." Shuichi flicked to the correct page, "I have been investigating for two days and have narrowed down the suspects to three people, the last customer, The owner and finally, the owner's son's girlfriend." 

Kaito thought to himself. "Huh, why would the son do it?"

Shuichi re-read the case and started jotting notes down. He spread all the pages out on the floor and started scanning through them. "There must be something I've missed." Shuichi muttered to himself. 

"Just asking Shuichi but why is the son a suspect?" Kaito asked. 

"Because he needed money in order to go to University." 

Shuichi snapped up. He realised. "I know who it is." "Sorry, I've got to go." 

Shuichi ran to the corner of the room and unlocked a panel which he removed. Inside, was a katana. "Shuichi! You have a Katana?" Kaito exclaimed. Shuichi just looked at him and nodded while he put the Katana around his shoulder. 

"Why do you need a Katana?" Kaito asked awkwardly.

"People don't act well when I accuse them." Shuichi replied, "I've got to go, you coming?" 

"So, I'm the sidekick now?" Kaito laughed.

Shuichi rolled his eyes then darted from his office followed swiftly by Kaito. Shuichi ran down a couple of streets before stopping just before a bakery. Shuichi slowly walked up to the shop door  followed by Kaito. Shuichi turned around, "Maybe don't follow me." 

"Okay..sure.." Kaito nodded. 

Shuichi walked up to the shop door which was plastered with posters advertising the robbery and that he was the Detective working on solving it. This only confirmed Shuichi's suspicions. Shuichi was angry. He was angrier than he thought he would be. Then, he saw him the owner. 

Shuichi strode up to the owner. "Ahh, have you found out the culprit?" He declared. 

"Never use me for publicity again. I want to help people, not be taken advantage of." Shuichi accused, "You broke into your own bakery and called me just for publicity in order to get more business to your shop." 

"Yeah but it worked didn't it? People know who you are and trust you so, thanks for the endorsement." The owner snarled. 

Shuichi reached behind him and readied the katana. As he was about to draw it, someone clutched his hand. "You don't want to hurt him." A familiar voice replied. The voice was cold but sincere and very familiar. Shuichi spun around. 

"Oh come on, really?" Shuichi said angrily, "Now you show up?"