1

Rachel Berry liked to think that up until that faithful moment in time before her eighteenth birthday she was an ordinary sophmore at high school. She had friends from the Glee club, she had classes she attended methodically, she was on top of the social calendar. She was your average Joe(ette).

And then two boys showed up at her home one day and decided that, clearly, that wasn't enough.

She remembered the day very clearly. She woke up at 6am, as she normally did, and proceeded through her daily workout. She took a shower right after, she blow dried her hair, and straightened it. After, she dressed in her favorite black three button pants, a grey v-neck shirt that was tucked under her pants, black ballet flats and a sliver heart necklace. Then she packed her back pack, humming to herself happily when her Dad and Daddy poked their heads through the door.

"Rachel? Honey? There's someone here who wants to talk to you..." Dad said, his voice containing a small, barely detectable tremor. She looked up at him and smiled cheerfully, leaving her bag behind and prancing downstairs, her Daddy telling her that the guests were in the living room. As she waltzed down the stairs she clearly heard one man say to the other 'She's finally ready'. But at the time, she had just shrugged it off.

She paused before entering the living room, smoothing down her shirt and wiping the sweat off the palms of her hands. Oddly enough, she was nervous.

'This is ridiculous! I'm Rachel Berry! I don't get nervous!' she thought to herself before breathing in deeply, putting on a smile and walking through the door.

Two boys about her age sat on the sofa, but she couldn't see their faces. The larger one was twiddling his fingers uncomfortably around, looking awfully out of place in their small room. His knees almost reached up to his chin as he tried to find a comfortable position on the sofa. The other had a Mohawk and two large tattoos on his hands. They didn't appear to make any sense, they looked like spirals and swirls to her. He was slightly smaller than the other male, and had his feet propped up on their coffee table, his hands behind his head in a pose she had seen various characters in Japanese animes do.

She cleared her throat and the two swiveled through heads towards her. The bigger boy got up and clumsily lumbered towards her. "Rachel Berry?" She nodded uncertainly. The other boy got up and smoothly walked towards her too. He was the complete opposite of his companion.

"Dammit girl! We've been looking everywhere for you! We've been on the road for a year!" The smaller one growled, crossing his arms over his chest and smiling devilishly at her.

She examined the smaller boy. Something about him made her mind click. It was like two puzzle pieces coming together. It was like everything just snapped back into focus. But then again, it made her brain go all fuzzy.

Both boys looked at her as though they had just seen a ghost.

She looked away before their would be any weirdness at all before replying.

"Looking for me? Why?" she asked. She suddenly sensed her parents enter the room and come to stand behind her. She felt trapped, cornered. Her Dad put a hand on her shoulder and squeezed reassuringly. A flood of images started to seep from his fingers and into her brain, and she shuddered. She wasn't completely used to the fact that her father had abilities that you only read about in books and comics, and every time he used it on her, she was just a little bit more freaked out by the notion.