Mother's Day

Ariana’s POV

It’s the morning after me and Harry’s...date? I don’t know what to call it but it sure was wonderful. After Harry carried me halfway back to the club, this drunk man started to harass me so Harry got really mad and cursed the man out. My favorite part was when Harry told him to fuck off.

It was cute.

The drunk man did as harry said and we continued to walk. The rest of the walk was pretty quiet, a comfortable quiet; all we could hear was the music blasting from the club and police sirens.

“Ariana, time to get up honey.” my mom yells

“I’m up, mom.” I say with a smile.

Today is a very special day. It’s Mother’s Day so mom plan on going shopping and out to eat later on tonight. I get up and start to get ready. I go in my closet and pull out a floral dress and some nude colored pumps. After my shower I put my clothes on. I decide on curling my hair and doing a natural look for today, so I put pink lipstick, brown eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. As I head downstairs to get something to drink I see that my mom is watching the news and she looks sad.

“What’s wrong mom?” I say with a worried expression

“This story on the news is horrible.” she is getting teary eyed.

The women on the news is talking about a boy and his mom. Apparently they were going out with their grandma and as they were walking out of the car their grandma had a heart attack, she died on the spot. Just hearing that story really made my heart hurt, it shows me how much I really need to care for anyone in my life because you never know when they will be gone. After having sharing a good sob or two, my mom goes to get dressed while I go to clean up my face and retouch my makeup.

“Ari, come in here real quick.” my mom yells.

I walk into her room and she is trying to decide which dress to wear - an all black sundress or a strapless pink and white short dress. I tell her the all black one looks best, she agrees and puts it on.

“How should I do my hair?” she ask while messing with it in the mirror.

“You should crimp it.” I suggest and, once again, she agrees.

….

After 2 hours of getting ready we finally leave the house and go to the local mall. It’s about 12:45 pm, and surprisingly enough, it’s not that busy. We go to Belk’s first but my mom loves to take forever in that store so I decide to go to another store. She doesn’t even notice me leaving. As I walk around, a couple of people notice me and ask me to take a picture with them and sign my autographs. I completely forgot I was on Vogue magazine to be honest.

I decide to go inside Papaya, I see a really cute dress and I’m quick to buy it. When I leave the store I spot someone I know and she spots me too.

“Adriana? Is that you?” it’s that Cara girl I’ve seen at one of my shoots.

“Ariana, it’s Ariana” I say.

“Oh yeah, I remember, look at your hair! I love it like this, you are so cute.” Cara says with a smile.

Cara is the most prettiest girl I seen with thick eyebrows and she is confident with them and that makes her even more prettier. Before I can thank her, my mom is calling me. Cara waves with a smile as she walks away when I pick up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Ariana, where did you wonder off to?” she laughs into the phone

“Oh, I’m just going in different stores, why, are you already done in Belk’s?” I ask