012/Ladder

Finn's POV

It felt so damn good to wake up from my own bed. We were all very tired after we came back to California, from France.

- It's out! I woke up, because of Jack who was very hyped because the trailer of the movie was finally out.

He kissed me to my forehead.

- I couldn't wait. I already watched the trailer. You're gonna totally nail the whole movie! He said to me, and gave me my phone.

I watched the trailer, and i have to admit. It's pretty dope!
The movie is coming out just in three months! I can't believe that this is my life...

- I love you

My heart fluttered as i heard the words. I smiled to him.

- I love you too....

____________________________________________________________

- WHY DID HE DO THAT? I jumped from the couch and pointed towards TV.

Me, Jack, Jaeden and Wyatt were watching a movie. In the movie, some boy left a girl because he wanted to be with someone other.

- Clearly a fuckboy! I sat down. I was between Jack and Jaeden.

- Calm down a little bit, Jack giggled to me. He knew exactly how much i loved romantic movies.

We had only this night left before we had to go back to school tomorrow.
We decided to spend it together.

- Oh Finn, i forgot to ask! What are you gonna do with the schools play? Jaeden asked from me. I didn't turn my face to him. I was too deep in the movie.

- You mean that "High On Love" - play? I'm gonna finish it, of course! I answered to him.

- Even though Ellie is there? Jaeden almost whispered it. I nodded.

I promised to my instructor that i wouldn't leave the play even though i went to shoot Stranger Things. They needed me....

- I'm gonna make some coffee. Is anybody else gonna drink? Jack said and went to our little kitchen.

- Me! We all shouted at the same time.

I didn't even realize that he escaped from our Ellie- conversation.
I don't blame him either, because obviously he is sorry about everything what happened with her.

I saw my whole world when i watched him making coffee in the kitchen.
I feel like i don't deserve him.
He's too precious to be with a guy like me.

- Yo te quiero más, i heard Wyatt's voice and brought myself back to life.

- Does it even mean anything? He giggled.

- Yeah actually, it's Spanish and it means: " I love you so much", Jaeden said to him.

- Damn, Jaeden! When did you learn Spanish? I laughed to him sarcastically.

He took that way too seriously.

- Well, i've learned some Spanish when you were too busy with Jack so you didn't listen to me like never, he said to me.

I saw Jack turning to watch me. He smiled and winked to me.

- Wow, that's some deep shit Jae! Wyatt was on the floor laughing to us.

- I'm serious! Jaeden said to Wyatt and Jack who were both laughing.

- Okey, relax. We get it! Jack tried to take it seriously, but then he started to laugh again.

I love to see them happy, because they all deserve it.

- I feel like you guys don't even need more coffee! I said to them ironically.

- About the coffee... Jack started, but he didn't get to finish it.

We started to hear a loud noise. An alarm, actually.

I covered my ears. And yelled to others at the same time.

- What's happening?

Then the alarm stopped. As fast as it started. I took my hands from my ears. We were all very upset. What just happened?

"Warning! Everyone in the dormitory, listen closely. Do NOT leave your rooms, or open the doors. Don't panic, or make it. Close your phones, or put them to airplane mode. Don't use windows either. We're gonna inform you more later."

I heard our principal's voice coming from the radio. I was shocked.

- Oh my god, i whispered.

I turned to Jack, and hugged him. I didn't realize what was happening.

- It's probably a school shooter, he said to us.

I panicked even more. What if he or she is going to find us? What if someone gets hurt?
We were sitting on the couch, without moving ourselves. We didn't make any noise.
I hear my phone buzzing on the table. I forgot to turn it off.

"Unknown: I'm coming for him."

He obviously meant Jack. He's coming for him, because i didn't listen him. I didn't take him seriously. Now i do.

- Guys, you need to leave. Right now! I said to them and put my phone back to the table.

- Wait, what?! What's going on? Wyatt whisper-shouted.

- I'll explain it later, i said to him and jumped up from the couch.

- Now, Wyatt pleased.

- To the window, i said to them ignoring what Wyatt said.

They all were sitting still on the couch without moving theirselves, staring at me.

- NOW! I shouted to them.

The shooter was somewhere in the dormitory, and he'll find us if we don't do anything.
We have to go.

Just in second, we were next to the window. I didn't get a chance to do anything, when the door opened.
I saw a man standing in there, with a mask on to cover his face. On his right hand, he had a gun. Everything went like in the movies. On slow mode.
He pointed the gun towards Jack's chest, and pulled the trigger. Jack fell to the ground.

I turned to Jack, who was laying on the ground. I felt tears coming from my eyes.

- Call an ambulance! I yelled to Wyatt and Jaeden. They were standing next to us, without doing anything.

Wyatt digs his phone from his pocket and calls to 911.

There was a lots of blood coming from Jack's chest. He's not gonna survive...

- I.... I love you, i whispered to him.

- I love you too, Finn.

He said to me, before he passed out.

A/N This book is boring ikr. Thoughts about this chapter??