Departing

~Katie~

"Justin I'm so sorry!!!"

He turned his head as I rushed in the door. He was sitting up today.

"For what?"

"For being so stupid! I never should've done it!"

He smiled and held his arms out. I fell into him. I cried into him as he held me.

"When you and Crystal were talking two weeks ago, I heard. It does hurt without you in my life. W.F.E."

"W.F.E. ?"

"Worst Feeling Ever"

He held me tighter and I curled into him. Then the thought of working in a wind mill to help power energy for a year killed me. I wouldn't be with Justin.

"Katie what's wrong?"

"I leave in a week"

"What?! What?! For what?!"

I explained the whole government letter to him and by the end he was in tears.

"That only leaves a week and I will still be in here!!"

"I know.."

"Can't you just have a little more time?"

"We can only hope. . ."

I snuggled in closer to him and he held me even tighter still crying as a tear slid down my cheek.

...

"Wow this week has gone by so fast!"

"I know right! I can't believe we're leaving today!!"

The thought made my stomach hurt. Justin was in a hospital about to be released and I was here packing up with Flair, Claire, and Lilac. I had cried almost every night since I left the hospital a week ago.

"So what have you and John done since we had only a week left?"

Claire winked at Lilac. No one noticed my unease and silence.

"Well we rode the horses like we used to everyday back home. He took me out on a date and that's pretty much it."

"No kissing?"

Claire gave another wink and they all giggled.

"So what about you Claire?"

This time Lilac winked at Claire.

"Brett had been hanging out with me all the time. Even while I was washing a building or watering plants!! I'm just glad he was the one hauling the water!!"

They all laughed. I kept packing. I had quiet a lot of stuff in the bathroom.

"And you Flair?"

"Jake took me out into the meadow for a picnic. Movies at night. Yes kissing in case you would ask. And he helped me on some issues"

"What kind of issues?"

"With the fire. We played shooting stars too"

It went quiet. Finally. Something I was being great at right now. I finished packing my bathroom things and zipped up the tiny suitcase. I looked up and they were all staring at me.

"What?"

"We're sorry.."

The awkward tension filled the room as my eyes got watery. Flair quickly hugged me until we were in a group hug. They finally backed away as I wiped my tears. Claire handed me my tiny suitcase and I smiled as I left to pack some clothes.

I got a bigger suitcase for this one. After one year working at the wind mills I was going to come back, so no need to bring everything just to put it all back. I brought out at least 10 pairs of shorts/pants. At least 20 shirts/tank tops. A jacket or two. Socks. Underwear duh. Bras of course. Flip flops and another pair of shoes. I zipped up the suitcase and grabbed my black bookbag. I grabbed a bag of some tools and screws, bolts, etc. into it. I put my earbuds in there along with my charger and headphones. My laptop and its charger was in my bigger suitcase.

I looked around my room trying to find anything else I should take. That's when my picture frames caught my eye. I walked over to them. There was the picture of Justin and I as little kids holding up our very first skateboards. Then another of both of us in the air, me higher than him. Then more recent photos. Justin and I smiling together like the happiest people in the world.

"I wish those times were here again."

"Me too"

I turned to see Justin standing in my doorway.

"Justin!!"

I ran to him and hugged him. I could feel his smile as he hugged me back.

"I'm so glad you're ok!"

"I'm so glad you're still here"

I pulled away. The thought of leaving, today, in just a few hours, was painful. I looked back at the photos and then at Justin then back to the photos.

He finally held my hand and we walked to all the photos. We both scanned all the photos. From little kids to here. The dates. The kisses. The hugs. The memories. Everything flooded back in.

"I'm going to miss you"

"I'm going to miss you too. So much"

He squeezed me tight before letting go and picking up a picture frame. He put it in my bag and smiled. I tried to look at my shelf but he wouldn't let me. I frowned at him and he laughed before leaning in to kiss me.

After watching Pitch Perfect with Justin and skateboarding for an hour, it was finally time to leave. He helped me with my two suitcases and we waited outside at the docks. Our town still didn't have an airport so we had to rake a boat to another place that had one. But it only took a few hours to get to the place with the airport.

John and Lilac were hugging each other each not wanting to let go. Claire and Brett laughed over something before he gave her a hug and kiss on the forehead. Flair and Jake were kissing... I quickly looked away toward the ocean.

The sun was setting with the orange and yellow surrounding the sun and coloring the ocean. Then it got pink and purple out into the clouds. It looked as beautiful as ever.

Justin wrapped his arm around me pulling me close to him. I smiled and I knew he was too. In the distance I could see the boat coming.

"I love you Katie"

"I love you too Justin"

~~~~~~~~~~~

THAT IS THUS THE ENDING!!! AAAHHHH!!! HOW COULD I DO THIS TO YOU?! IDK!! Sowe .-. Lol jk. Imma update like in months. Because don't you guys wanna know what happens to them while Flair is off burning old materials and trash? Claire is off as a firefighter saving forests? Lilac is helping mining and farming? And Katie in the wind mills? Um duh yes you do. Lol idk. But if you do then comment!! The more comments then the more updating!! ^.^ Well I wouldn't really call it like a chapter or anything though. It's more like letters or messages. Mhm. But if you guys want this to continue then maybe I can work something out... But it's up to you guys so C-O-M-M-E-N-T.

Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... much for reading this story and voting for it and the few comments on it. I think it has comments... Oh well. Thank you so much. I would never have had 1.6k reads without guys!!! ^.^ Thanks so much. (I still dont think it is good)

Btw. By guys I mean boys and girls. I just guys for like a group of people. Doesnt mean you are a guy soo... sorry bout that .-.

And you can clearly tell Katie and Justin is my fav!! ^.^ What's your fav??

Anyway thanks again and MAYBE there will be updates ;) Thanks once more!! Love you wonderful people!!

xoxo belle