7 carols of Caroline #COSC

"A heart that's been broken is a heart that's been loved...

A life with love is a life that's been lived,"

-Supermarket flowers, Ed Sheeran.

We sometimes have the hardest time of forgetting unnecessary things, or things that should have been long forgotten, set aside and moved over and in return, we tend to forget the most important things. Life is cruel but in the last second, in our cruellest last breath, no one really wants to die filled with regret.

This is dedicated to every person who tends to forget what's the real essence of life and why is it even important 'cause honestly?

I don't know either...

-Alice Irveneve, 2017

A Christmas one-shot entry under the Teen-fiction genre of #COSC

[Christmas One-Shot Competition]

Official Teaser/Trailer video on the multi-media

7 carols of Caroline

The scenery was very familiar and at the same time, a tad blurry. I can actually say that I've been to this place before, perhaps many times already. I know it, I can feel it. The solemn surroundings, the moist morning air that crawls to my skin, the reflections of sun's morning blessings on the various colours of stained glass windows, the smell of white roses and Sampaguita, the smooth, hard and cold piano keys which my fingers are touching and the calming, holy and sacred ground was all familiar. I must not be wrong.

I'm in the chapel.

I ran my blurry visions towards the surroundings. In every pew, there were at least 5 people sitting which I failed to identify because of my unstable sight but I'm pretty sure they all wear black.

But why am I in a chapel, anyways?

And why am I hitting the piano keys so smoothly producing a sad, familiar Sonett even though I wasn't aware of the notes and music sheets? It feels strangely odd, it was like my fingers are moving and tapping the keys on its own.

This is practically weird.

I was distracted when someone from behind softly squeezed my shoulder. I was startled that I almost flinched. It was that time when I realised that I'm not actually feeling anything not until my shoulders have been squeezed. My hands continued playing the piano as I turned my head, which is way weirder.

A blurry image of a snow-white girl wearing a black dress and an angel-like bright brown hair blessed my eyes. This time, I tried to narrow my eyes seeing if I can see much clearer but to no avail. It was like the more I focus on her face, the more it gets shady. It just made my head hurt. Everything was a real blur.

"Sigurado akong masaya na siya,"

I can't help but furrow my brows just when she said those words. I don't get a thing. Why is her voice seem sympathetic? And who is she pertaining to? And why is she telling me that? Why is she even talking to me? Am I someone involved?

Questions started to flood my head and it was a pain. It made me close my eyes and deal with an inescapable plethora of questions and thoughts as my fingers continued to play the piano. I wasn't controlling them after all so I let them be. I was busy, too busy to find some clues or even a thread that will lead me to a coherent answer. I tried remembering everything, I tried recalling why I was here and how does it happen that I ended up playing the piano inside a chapel filled with persons in black dresses and coats?