10: And...He's Back!

"Those vile creatures," Roshi hissed, clenching his fist.

"Relax, they are just blinded by hatred. You cannot blame them for wanting to get rid of the one reminder of their lost loved ones," Naruto placated the furious jinchūriki.

"That is no reason for them to raise their hands against a child!" Han growled in response.

"They justify their actions in a very simple manner. They dehumanise me. They see me as the reincarnation of the Kyūbi no Kitsune and they fool themselves into believing that they are doing the right thing by killing me. The Elder Council are more complicated. They wish to break me so that they can manipulate me and mould me into a mindless weapon for the village," Naruto explained, only serving to rile the two jinchūriki up even further.

"Why don't you tell the Hokage?" the two jinchūriki of Iwagakure gritted out.

"They will worsen the attacks," Naruto replied simply.

"Then-" Roshi started again, only to be cut off by Naruto, "Besides, that isn't why I'm here."

That got their attention.

"War is coming. Uchiha Madara, formerly of Konoha, is seeking out the bijū. He intends to seal them all into a large statue to recreate the Jūbi, which was what the nine bijū were born from. He will place the universe in an unbreakable genjutsu called the Infinite Tsukuyomi. However, despite what he seems to think, this will not bring peace. It is just a part of an even larger plot to resurrect a crazy god-like woman who seeks to steal chakra back from the shinobi and rule the world. I wish for you to assist me in ending the war before that happens," Naruto explained.

"How do you know all this?" Han questioned, feeling slightly suspicious.

"Promise to keep this a secret along with my identity?" Naruto asked.

"Definitely," both jinchūriki said immediately, leaning forward in anticipation for his answer.

Naruto dropped the bomb, "I am from the future. I was able to kill Madara - with the help of my two teammates - before the plan to resurrect Ōtsutsuki Kaguya could commence, but humanity had already been obliterated by that time. There was nothing left for us to protect, so I took us back into the past to try and change it. Unfortunately, I found out about the actual plan only in this life. I managed to infiltrate the enemy forces and retrieve useful information about how the enemy intends to resurrect the Usagi no Megami, Ōtsutsuki Kaguya."

"Proof?" Han requested, narrowing his eyes.

"What proof do you need?" Roshi hissed, "It sounds very real to me."

Naruto ignored Roshi and instead smirked at Han.

"Of course. I might have accidentally made myself the jinchūriki of the Jūbi by accident. I can show you the full Jūbi - untainted by Kaguya and with all three parts of its chakra - if you would like," Naruto said smugly.

Before either jinchūriki could reply, Naruto placed a hand on each of their foreheads (which was only possible since they were both seated) and dragged them into his mindscape. They found themselves in the middle of the grassy area that made up part of Mugetsu's section of the mindscape, right next to the musical grove of trees and the sparkling lake of crystal clear water. They could see the dark, beautiful sky, untainted by pollution that would have blocked the dimmer stars from view in the real world. The moon hung on the edge of the sky, at this point of time a sliver of blue in the shape of a crescent. The two jinchūriki marvelled at the scenery, not noticing as a large ten tailed wolf padded silently next to the physically younger blond who had returned to his actual age at the time before his return to the past.