43• Smile

He held the knife up to my neck. I started hyperventilating and thinking of ways to get this man off of me.

"You're a horrible person." He said in my ear. "If Bryson didn't love you so much, I'd fuck you then mutilate you, you ungrateful bitch."

His words made the hairs on my neck stand up. That sounded very personal. Do I have that effect on strangers? Do I make people mad and frustrated?
The man covered my mouth with his hand and I threw up. I stumbled while trying to get up on my feet and ran to the front door. The elevator takes too long.
I busted through the double doors that led to the stairs. He's about two yards away from me. I slid on the railing, then ran as far as my short legs would take me. Soon I was in the lobby, then ended up outside.

"Please help me! Please, please, please!" I screamed at a stranger waiting at the bus stop.

I looked inside the apartment building and he stopped while breathing hard. He looked pissed off and disappeared back to the staircase, never taking his eyes off me. The stranger saw him and immediately called the police.

I sat in the police station patently waiting for Xavier. They gave me some coffee and a muffin.

"Can you describe him?"

"Tall, a little buff, black hair, African American, brown eyes...um..."

"Don't force it, don't force it. Whenever the rest comes to you just let me know. We already have enough anyway but we'll take all the information we can get. Good job." He gave me a pat on the back.

I heard a loud noise and it was Xavier running into the room. He picked me up and hugged me.

"Are you ok?!" He yelled.

"I'm fine, I'm fine...just tired and terrified." I said.

"Did they hurt you?"

"No."

"I know I should've stayed home!" He stared cussing and pacing around. "Where did the guy go?"

"I don't know! As far as I know, he's still in the building. When I ran outside he just stopped in the lobby and disappeared into the room before the staircase while keeping his eyes on me. He had a smirk but look pissed at the same time. It was the most terrifying thing I have ever seen. He didn't even look human. He looked like some kind of programmed...humanoid."

His hands were shaking but he clenched his fists.

"You ready to go home?" His voice was very raspy.

"You alright boo?" I asked while placing my hand on his shoulder. "I'm here. I'm unharmed-"

"It's not just about you being safe! It's about-"  He looked down at my thigh.

"The fuck?! Taylor look at me. Look at me!!"

I raised my chin up and looked him in the eyes.

"Why are lying to me?" He said softly.

"I'm not lying. It just stings a little. I've been through worse...you know this."

"Taylor, you don't have to go through shit if you'd just be honest with me. Completely honest. Let's go home."

He grabbed my hand and we left.

• 4:03 p.m •

The apartment was a mess when we got inside. Drops of my blood made a trail to the bedroom, the smell of metal from the blood filled the apartment.

"Shit..." He mumbled before he ran to the bathroom to throw up.

After five minutes he came out.

Before I could we ask if he was alright he answered.

"I'm straight. Just go watch some TV or something. I'll fix the place up." He said wearily.

My eyes flooded with tears. "I'm so sorry. I don't want to be a burden or anything. I-I just-I'm sorry! I hate how I'm making you upset and putting you through all of this. I'll go back to Bryson. Your name will not come out my mouth. I promise."