II

Tw0

Look away, look away, look away. I chanted in my head though I hadn't looked away at all. There was no way my luck could be this twisted. A student teacher I could do, but a damn certified English teacher? There was no way I could pull this off and live to tell the tale.

"Is there something wrong?" Her sculpted brows rose as she looked at me questioningly.

"You're seriously too hot to be a teacher." I sighed. Her voice had this hold over me, almost like piano music. It was soft and alluringly innocent even though I doubted she was anything but.

She laughed loudly. "I know I'm quite young to be a teacher, but no one's ever said that before." I grinned and shrugged in a "what can I say" gesture. She continued as we entered the building together. The inside was as grand as the outside, with clear marble counters in the office. Someone really paid a fortune for this school. "I started college early at seventeen and received my masters in English. I still might become a college professor later down the road, but for now," She paused and turned to look at me, something deep and knowing in her eyes. "This will have to do."

She stepped closer and my brain immediately entertained thoughts of her pushing me up against the hallway and kissing me senseless. If I was a romantic person, I'd write about how her hands would cup my face sweetly, or my hips. But hell no. This woman was not a sweet little nothing.

"I want to check your head one more time." She explained as she leaned forward, brushing the baby hairs from my face. She sucked her bottom lip in and out of her mouth and holy shit I didn't know that that one simple thing could get me so hot and bothered. Spearmint tinted breath washed over me as she spoke. "There's a slight red mark and a small bump, but I think you'll be okay." She flashed dimples at me.

Only when she stepped back was I able to fully breathe again. She indicated to where the office was, it wasn't hard to find with the big "OFFICE" sign above it. "Just grab your schedule and don't worry about being late, I'll waive it this one time." She winked at me before she headed towards what looked like the elevators.

Oh hell.

This year was going to suck if I had to sit in a room and stare at her perfect ass and not be able to touch it. I grumbled under my breath about the unfairness of it all as I shuffled towards the office. "Hey I'm Shay." I said, startling the poor overweight office lady. She smiled a gapped-tooth smile as she shuffled all her papers back into place. "Oh right! The dean told us we would be getting a new student!"

The dean. Jesus what was this? 1970?

I just smiled and nodded. "Yep, that's me." She types away at her computer for a moment, and then handed me a piece of paper with my schedule and locker combination on it. "There's also a map on the back, I know this place can get overwhelming." I thanked her and headed toward the elevators, surveying my schedule as I walked.

I took college classes my junior year in Florida, so these classes were all relatively easy. I had Senior English, Civics and Maps, Senior Math, and Art. I loathed math with a burning hatred. I was convinced Satan invented it to torture us teens.

I found the elevators, and did I mention how awesome it was that my school had elevators?! I felt like I was in some high-up fancy hotel. The door dinged as it opened and I jumped back as a pretty redhead came out along with a tall man in a crisp blue shirt and black slacks. He wasn't overly old, probably mid-forties. He had laugh lines around the corners of his eyes and mouth so I knew he wasn't the hard-ass type. His face lit with recognition and he immediately extended his hand to me. "You must be our new student." He said as I tentatively took his hand. "I'm Jacob Michaels, the dean here. I have to escort Amy to my office," he shot an annoyed look at "Amy" before smiling back at me. "But if you need anything, my office door is always open."

I nodded in thanks and they shuffled off, arguing over something. I shook my head. This sure has been a weird first day.

There were seven floors for each department, the English department was on the second. I grew increasingly claustrophobic as the elevator ride drug on. I hated being confined. After all, I had spent most of my life in a room with no windows and everyone wore masks. I was even put in a large plastic bubble, no joke, because at one point my immune system was too weak to fight even the smallest of infections.

It sucked.

Finally the door dinged again and I hurried out. Miss Conner said not to worry about being late but I was sure the period was about over. My schedule said her room was room 204, and I found it relatively easy. Pushing the door open felt like I was back at the hospital. Everyone's eyes turned, but I only landed on the two that mattered. "Ah, I was beginning to worry that you took my advice a little too seriously." She teased. I flushed bright red but thankfully she turned away. "Class, this is Shay. She's obviously new here so make her feel welcome please."

The class mumbled bored "hi Shay's". Miss Conner turned back to me. "Take whatever seat you want, but be warned, it'll be final." Her dramatically lowered voice made everyone laugh.

I ran my eyes over the room, deftly ignoring the seats with ogling boys and inappropriate gestures. I finally landed on a girl with short black hair and green eyes, with a mirage of piercings, who smiled genuinely at me. I made my way to the empty seat next to her and slid into it, setting my bag down as we waited for our teacher to start.

The girl caught my eye after a moment and whispered, "Hey I'm Genny." I smiled and mouthed "Shay." She gave me a thumbs up.

At least I'd made one friend today.

And chapter 2 is up! Hope you guys like it :) please vote/comment!