The Labyrinth of Shalace

Author's Note: This is my story my creation and I own all rights!

                                                             The Labyrinth of Shalace

                                                                        Chapter 1

                                                                (Let The Ring Guide You)

The sun was shining brightly as Callista sat on a waist high wall waiting for Lola to finish eating her doughnut. She glanced over at Vardan to see him shaking her head. “Do you want to listen to her complain until she gets one?” Callista asked.

“No but it seems priorities are not where they should be,” He replied. “We are here for a reason.”

“Yes, and I’m eating one of those reasons,” Lola said proudly. “Whoa!” she said and caught some frosting that almost fell from within her doughnut. “This is heaven.”

“We did tell you she was a chocolate addict,” Brandy said looking and the group of Fae that had accompanied them to the mortal realm.

“How can she eat that much sugar?” Greer questioned. “One would think she’d get ill.”

“She ate a half dozen one night during a sleep over,” Callista informed them. She laughed as their eyes went wide.

“I thought Brandy’s mom was going to kill her; she was so hyper,” Jenna said. Lola stuck her tongue out at her and we all kind of winced seeing the frosting in her mouth.

“Mouth closed Lola,” Brandy scolded. Lola shrugged and went back to eating her doughnut. Everyone simply shook their heads at the redhead.

Callista was watching her friend eat the last of her doughnut when she suddenly felt an almost energy flow over her. She looked away from her friends and as her eyes scanned the area she noticed a tall man that appeared to be in his early twenties get off a bus across the street. Callista didn’t know why but she couldn’t take her eyes off him. He wore light khaki colored pants and a medium blue short sleeved polo shirt. A green backpack was slung over his left shoulder. As if sensing her his eyes turned her direction and for a moment they locked.

She watched as he got a look on his face of curiosity. Then he shook his head and turning walked into a three story stone and brick building behind him.

Something told her to follow him. Before Callista knew it she was on her feet and moving toward where the blonde stranger had gone. The teenager was at the street corner and crossing before she could even acknowledge that she’d left her place on the wall.

“Callista,” Cavin said suddenly at her side.

“I have to get to him,” Callista said. “I don’t know why. I can’t explain it I just…”

“Allow me.” Cavin opened the door and they quickly entered the building. Callista looked around unsure of where to go. “Feel.” Callista looked at him questioningly. “Let your power guide you,” Cavin whispered.

Callista nodded and closed her eyes. She took a couple of calming breaths and feeling a pulling sensation she turned toward a wooden staircase and began ascending the stairs. As she reached the second floor she turned to her left and began walking down the hallway. She passed a few entrances to businesses but continued on. At the end of the hall she found a door with a sun and a moon on it.