A New Life Part 4

Chapter 4

(A New Life)

It was morning as Avgan entered the infirmary. He had sensed his son stirring and wanted to be there when the boy finally emerged from his long rest. As he entered he found four Dryadale Umbra waiting for his son to emerge.

"Highness," the guards said seeing him and giving him a quick bow.

"His Majesty wishes us to be present in the event that the boy takes a violent approach to his new environment," Telem informed the Shadow Elf Prince. Avgan had wanted to see his son alone at first but grudgingly nodded. His brother was king and he would be obeyed.

Hearing a hissing sound the five elves looked over to see the pod evaporate leaving only Avgan's son on the table. They watched as the teenager squirmed out of his sleep. His eyes blinked a few times and then opened revealing blue eyes that matched his father's.

"Slowly," Avgan instructed stepping closer to the table and toward his son. "Easy," he said seeing his son go to sit up too quickly and suddenly become dizzy. He reached out and steadied the teenager before the boy fell off the table from being unbalanced.

"Where...." Andrew looked at Avgan and froze. "It wasn't a dream," he stated seeing his father's skin color. Noticing others he looked over to see their purple toned skin as well.

"No, it was not," Avgan confirmed calmly. While shadow elves were not known for a nurturing nature each of the witnessing elves did understand how confused the boy must be. "Careful," the prince said and helped his son to his feet.

"I think I got taller," Andrew said noticing his size had changed. "How long have I..."

"A little over three years." Andrew's eyes looked off to the right to see a man with dark hair and dark eyes looking at him. "If not for the Luna mediocris blood in you, youd be dead," Minax informed him. "Though if the girl had held you any longer your father might not have been able to collect you in time either."

"Girl?" Andrew asked. His mind suddenly flashed to the night he'd been stabbed. His last memory was of Callista holding him in her arms and crying. "Callista." The men in the room nodded. "Is she alright? What happened to her? Where..."

"The girl was not harmed because of you," Avgan assured his son. "You are in Shalace as I told you." Andrew nodded as a look of sadness crossed his face. "What is it?"

"I'm never going to see her again," Andrew stated not hiding his disappointment.

"You will see the girl again," MInax told him. Hopeful blue eyes were instantly on him. "In fact you will be seeing a lot of her. You're going to help us with your friend."

"Help you?" Andrew questioned. "Help you what?"

"There is much you have to learn about our world," Avgan informed his teenage son. "Callista is part of this world now as well."

"She is?" Andrew said hopeful. "Can I see her?" There was no question in any of their minds that the young queen was important to Avgan's son.

"In time," Minax told him. Calmly he walked towards Andrew. "Do you know who I am?" the king asked. He knew that communication had been minimal between his brother and the boy but was curious to see how much the boy had retained.

"I think we are related," Andrew replied. Even though he'd said it though he didn't understand his words. He looked nothing like Minax and yet something told him they were family. Then again Andrew didn't look like his father either.