Chapter Eleven

I came to my senses quicker than Enid and told her to stay put while I go get help. I ran out the house and came across Carl and Rick. "Rick!" I screamed and he turned in alert.

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"It's Maggie. She collapsed screaming in pain. I don't know what to do." I sobbed.

"We've got to get her to the doctor at Hilltop. We'll get going as soon as possible." Rick said and stood up immediately.

"I'm coming too." I said and he nodded, I don't think he expected anything less than that really.

"Me too." Carl said standing up. "I'm going to get us some supplies. You get Maggie into the Motor home." He instructed and I looked at Rick impressed. He really was his fathers Son.

I headed back to Maggie to make sure she was okay and the minute I stepped through the door Enid was calling Carls name and she was gone. I bent down next to her and gave her a small smile as she continued to groan in pain.

"You'll be okay. I know you will be." I reassured her, but at this point I didn't know if I was trying to reassure her or myself. I was scared she was going to die and I was going to loose my best friend.

"I know. I want Glenn." She whispered hoarsely and I nodded in understanding.

"We don't know where he is, he hasn't come back off his run yet. But I'm sure the minute he hears about this he'll come to Hilltop to be with you. I know it. He loves you." I told her stroking her now short hair.

"I love him too." She mumbled and closed her eyes.

"No Maggie!" I screamed. "Stay awake, don't close your eyes." I told hr and she opened her eyes and smiled slightly.

"I'm tired." She said and I nodded.

"I know, but you have to stay awake. I need to know that you're alive." I told her seriously and she nodded.

Rick came through the door all loaded up and he looked at me. I held her hand. "We're going to move you to the bed in the RV. You'll be comfortable until we get to Hilltop okay?" She nodded and I helped him carry her gently into the RV and place her onto the bed without pressure or any jumps. Everyone who wanted to come was on the RV just in time for the departure. Maggie laid at the back on the bed and I was with her holding her hand the entire time. I needed to know she was okay. She's the only person I really have left that I see as my family.

I had tears falling from my eyes as she laid there, I watched as her chest pumped up just to make sure she was still breathing. Rick walked back to us and stood in the door way. "The doctor at Hilltop will be able to help." He told me and I nodded. "As long as it's all of us, we can do anything." I smiled at him. He was right. We've always got each others backs and that's the way it should be. We've come so far as a group and a deranged family.

He left when the RV came to a stop. We were running into trouble as usual. We always do. But we needed to get Maggie to Hilltop as soon as possible. I looked out the window and there was a blockade on the road waiting for us with en stood on top. Rick stepped out of the RV while we all watched out a window.

Just then Maggie woke back up and groaning in pain. "Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'm fine. It just hurts. What's going to happen Lexi?" She asked.

"We're going to get you help at Hilltop and you'll be fine. This baby is a fighter just like it's Mom and Dad." I told her and she smiled slightly.

"I don't want it to die." She whimpered and I shook my head.

"None of us is going to let that happen Maggie. We're a family." I told her and she nodded. Somewhere between our conversation we had began to move again and then there was even more commotion at the front of the RV when we came to another stop.