Collapse

Evie POV

I glanced out the window of the plane, truth be told I was scared to die again. It could happen any time of any day now. Truth be told a part of me wished I had never found Dan. There was so much danger in loving someone. At least for my kind. We were bound so tightly to one person that there was no room for error. If something went wrong boom. Dead. Someone kisses your mate. Boom dead. Anything could trigger it I suppose. Even the loss of the loved one. Everyone one of us was different. Just like any other human we have flaws and differences in how our bond affected us. Mine was just seemingly on steroids.

"Evie. We've landed. Get up." Rachel whispered, though I was wide awake with my head pressed against the window. Part of me didn't even want to see Dan. I knew with the territory came crazy fangirls and such, but knowing they could literally end my life was too much.

"Yeah, I'm up." I mumbled and sat up, tugging off my buckle before grabbing my bag under the chair in front of me. People knew who I was now, not that they didn't before considering my work was nearly everywhere. Just now they had a face to the name. I shoved my headphones in my ears and followed Rachel off the plane, keeping my head low.

My eyes landed on the driver holding a sign with Rachel and I's last names. He motioned to my luggage and I rolled it to him before following after. The whole ride I felt sick, my mind runing ramped with what I'd say or how I'd act with Dan around. Yet it all melted away when I saw the arena and the big yellow bus. I stepped out of the town car and took a deep breath glancing around. Towards the front I could see fans lined up already and glancing this way.

"Hurry up I want to get inside." I mumbled to Rachel before the driver handed me my duffle and other bag. My pulse seemed to quicken with each step as I walked towards the bus. I motioned to the driver and he opened the door for me, taking my bag.

"Welcome Miss Walker and Miss Matthews. How was your flight?"

"Long." I sighed but forced a smile. " Thank you." Rachel and I made our way to the fans, after all it was the only doors in sight. Some waved towards me and dug in their bags for pens.

"Your Everlyn right? The photographer? I'm a huge fan!" I laughed slightly and took the pen, singing her bag.

"Why thank you. You excited to see Bastille?" Her and her friends nodded.

"Do you know them personally?"

"Yeah Dan is a really good friend of mine and the rest of those lot."

"I'm hurt." I froze hearing that familiar voice and I heard fans hushing or snapping photos. I glanced to my right seeing the door slightly open and Dan with a smirk. "And here I thought you were just here to see me. Instead you're stealing my fans."

"Maybe if you come sign some autographs." I hollered and looked to the fans who cheered. He sighed and came out, I dug in my purse for a pen and let him take the spot light. Obviously people asked me to take pictures considering I was a photographer. Some fans wanted a photo with both Dan and I, which was refreshing.

"I don't know how you talked me into this love." He smirked and glanced to me as I shrugged.

"I figured it would help your public image being as your a recluse." I smirked back and took my pen from him.

" Thank you! Thank you all so much!" Dan hollered and motioned for the guy to open the door for us. Rachel had already gone inside. His arm wrapped over my shoulder as we walked inside, I wanted to curl into his embrace, but I waited till we were out of sight.

I glanced to him and tugged his hand so he'd stop walking. I found myself pressing my lips to his as if they breathed life back into my body. Maybe they actually did considering. Then I hugged him, his arms engulfing me as he sighed.

"I've missed you like crazy."

"Me too."

"How are you feeling?" He whispered and pressed a kiss to my temple. I just wanted to stand here forever or hideaway. I pulled away slightly and sighed, looking into those blue hues.

"I'm doing okay. A bit scared. I never knew that could happen. I'm just glad I'm here. I think this is good that I'm nearby. At least if something does happen tonight you'll be there." He nodded and took my hand as we walked to the backstage area.

"I didn't mean for it to happen you know that right?"

"Dan I never questioned that don't worry." I squeezed his hand before looking to the others and flashing a smile. "It's so good to be back around you goofs." I fell into one of the sofas as Dan fell beside me and placed his head on my lap. He was worried it was obvious and tired from tour. Gently I ran my fingers though his hair and chuckled. "I think you have some sleep to catch up on love."

"Nonsense the show must go on." He smiled glancing up to me before closing his eyes once more. I could have sworn he was asleep within a few minutes. No one dared to wake him up considering.

Things seemed right and so easy in that moment. I should have known it was only bound to get worse. A soulless on the prowl waiting for the moment to take all that was good and turn it into an empty abyss. I was just another beautiful fruit reading for the picking. Then it would be Dan's turn to play the game.