Tell Me About It

Little ole me went on vacation and drank for three days straight so hello 🙊
Dan POV

I tapped my foot nervously as Rachel touched up my face. I hated interviews with a passion. Mainly because I didn't ever speak well with others. I often fumbled along with my words and sound like a complete twat. Nothing new other than my nerves getting the best of me like always. It seemed to be a never ending fight within myself, built up over the years until it took over.

"Hello Daniel. I'm Alexia, how are you this afternoon?" Her brown hair flowed down past her shoulders, eyes green like jade.

"Great thanks. Erm, we're waiting for my photographer to join us." I rubbed the back of my neck looking around.

"I'm coming!" Dare I say I sighed with relief hearing that melodic voice that had now become a source of comfort. Her hair was now done up in a braid and dress clinging to her slender curves. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I took in her features once more. "Sorry had a few things I needed to move around."

"Ah Evelyn. It's been awhile." Alexia smirked slightly, taking a sip of her coffee. "I can't believe you missed my New Year's Eve party."

"What can I say. I was dead asleep." She was adjusting her camera, not even looking to the other woman. I could see Rachel holding in a laugh at Eve's joke of death.

"I see. Well hopefully next year you'll come and you'll have a guest." She shrugged and snapped a photo of Alexia, cringing.

"Still going to need to whiten those teeth for the shoot I see." Eve walked over to the side of the room near Rachel and waved her hand. "carry on, don't mind me." Alexia composed herself, adjusting her shirt slightly before looking to her notepad. She ran questions off to me like it was a sprint not a marathon. So fast that I barely got to think and get my answers out before she was hitting me with the next question. Kyle seemed just as frazzled along with Will. Woody didn't even waste his time to try and answer with more than a sentence.

Yet Evelyn sat, taking a photo now and then as we carried on. Then she frozen.

"So the tour, when does that start?"

"Next week."

"For eleven months?"

"Yeah with a few days off."

"I bet that must be hard on your families and girlfriends if you happen to have any." We all nodded and I could feel my chest tighten at the thought. We'd just begun her and I. I watched her lower her eyes as she got up and walked out of the room. Alexia didn't even notice till the interview was over.

"Is she okay?" I whispered to Rachel who nodded.

"Yeah. I think she doesn't want to admit how scared she is of missing you for months. I know we can visit, but she works really hard Dan. She always has and I know she isn't going to give up anything for a relationship." I nodded before looking to the door. I wanted to go comfort her, yet the idea of anyone in the media knowing I was in a sort of relationship was too much right now.

Only after I felt like no one was watching me did I wander outside. She was against the wall, watching people walk by as she clung to her camera.

" She makes a good point you know that right?"

"That doesn't change that I care for you." I whispered for only her to hear. She looked at me then chuckled weakly.

"You realise that just like normal love you can fall out of love with me Dan. Then I would go back to my old ways. I'll die again." She shrugged and I took her hand, leading her back inside. I pressed my lips to hers, holding her face between my hands.

"Stop." I mumbled. "Stop talking like that Evie. I fell in love with you. Why worry about those things already?"

"How can you love someone so quickly Dan. You don't even know me. I don't know your family or a damn thing about you other than you're great in bed and your voice is angelic. Who is Dan Smith?" I pulled away sighing softly as I took her hand. "Cause all I know about you is who you tell these fucking interviewers you are Dan. Are you even someone real or just another celebrity who likes to fuck around?" She scoffed and looked away from me. Thankfully no one just saw the scene she caused in the hall. Kyle and Rachel were long gone and the building nearly empty, but random staff who handled post interview jobs.

" Come on." I snapped towards her, yet she narrowed her eyes at me.

"where are we-?"

"I said come on." I said sternly looking into her oceanic hues. Pausing my walking only to look at her for a few more moments. Was she scared of my attitude? Truth be told so was I. We walked outside and I hailed a cab, opening the door for her. She looked at me in confusion, yet I cleaned my glasses and slipped them on before glancing to her. " You want to know me right? Who I was and who I am?" My voice was laced with an icy cold tone that made her coil away.

"Yes."

"Then I'm going to show you." I sat up and handed the taxi driver a address, written on a torn napkin that I had gotten from the interview room. Truth be told I was scared she'd stop loving me. That the old Dan would be too much for her let alone anyone to handle.

I chewed on the inside of my cheek till it bled, the salty red liquid running along my taste buds. So who was Daniel Smith before he became the angel with a voice of gold?