"Sit down and eat some food, Cole," his mother interrupted with a sigh. "I'll take you once you finish a healthy meal". While Collier was hungry, he replayed what he had said to Henry the night before in his head and knew he couldn't wait.

"Sarah," Collier pleaded. "I need to talk to Henry now". Both hers and Emerson's eyes widened. "Please".

"I didn't drive here last night. Emerson picked me up". Collier directed his attention to his best friend's boyfriend.

"Emerson, please. Please. I need to see Henry". Collier was pressing himself so far forward on the table he was practically lying across it at this point. "Emerson, please".

The blond boy sighed and turned his head to look at Sarah for a moment and then pushed his chair back. "Alright".

"Thank you," Cole breathed, his body relaxing in relief. "Thank you so much".

"I'm coming," Sarah claimed, scrambling out of her chair and gesturing for Emerson to rise as well.

"You don't all need to go-" Ron began but Sarah just shot him a reassuring smile.

"We won't be long. Our food won't even get cold," she promised, reaching down to grab Emerson's hand and pulling it to get him into action. "Come on Cole".

Sarah managed to mind her own business up up until she was seated in the passenger seat of Emerson's car and the door was closed. "You need to tell me what the hell is going on between you and Henry," she demanded, glancing in the rear view mirror to narrow her eyes at Cole.

"Sarah, there's-"

"If you say nothing's going on one more time I'm going to climb back there and hit you in the head," Sarah snapped and Cole just rolled his eyes.

Nothing was going on.

Maybe.

"Sarah," Emerson interjected, gaining his girlfriend's attention. Sarah's eyes slid to Emerson as the boy glanced over his shoulder and began to back out of the driveway.

"What?"

"It's really none of our business," Emerson pointed out and Collier muttered a soft:

"Thank you," from the back seat.

"He's my best friend and he's keeping secrets from me!" Sarah snapped and Collier just scoffed loudly. "What's your problem?"

"You and Emerson were dating for months before you told me, and I didn't constantly bother you about it," Cole pointed out and Sarah's eyes widened.

"You and Henry are dating?" She asked and Collier shook his head quickly.

"That's not what I said, that's not what I-" he realized that part of the reason his head hurt must have been because he himself was being so loud. "That's not what I meant".

"What did you mean then?" She asked.

"I meant... I meant that there's nothing going on between Henry and I," Collier said, and then he cleared his throat, avoiding Sarah's eyes since she was most decently glaring. "I'm too much of an idiot for that".

"Collier-" Sarah began but Cole was already pushing open his car door, even though Emerson had yet to completely stop.

"Thanks," Collier offered before slamming the door shut.

He walked straight up to the front door and pushed it open without knocking. There was a woman's voice in the kitchen, but he didn't pay it any mind as he walked down the hall to the door at the end of it before pushing it open and descending the stairs.