Chapter 2

Stefan's POV:

I lie awake in my bed at night, thinking about the girl.

I won't need to be thinking about her all the time to image what she looks like anymore. I start school tomorrow at Mystic Falls High School which just happens to be where she is going to be attending as well.

This isn't my first time that I will be going to high school. 

Most people go to high school for 4 years and then they graduate and move onto college. But not me. I've been going to high school for as long as I can remember.

Being a vampire and all, you stay the same age from the time you were turned. I've been 18 years old for 100 years. So being 18, I have to be in school.

It wasn't all that bad, but it's about to get even better in the morning, when I wake and realize that I get to see.... her.

----------------------------------------------------

I wake in the morning to the sound of my alarm clock.

I get out of bed, put on an outfit and get on my motorcycle to head to school.

I arrive there just as the first bell rings and I walk to my first class.

Room 101, History.

The girl just happens to also have the same class 1st period.

I arrive at the class, and take a seat before I even realize that she beat me to class and is sitting all the way at the front of the classroom.

I sat down in the back of the class room, but that's okay because I keep my distance from her for a while, so I don't seem like some obsessed freak.

She looks so beautiful. Bright red shirt, black jeans and her beautiful brown hair down.

She looks to the back of the classroom, and she stares at me for just one moment and smiles. I smile back.

The teacher now walks in.

''Hello class, my name is Mr. Simons, and I will be your American History teacher for first semester. I hope you all brought some supplies because we're going to get right to work.''

The class groans at the thought of doing work after they all just had the time of their life during summer break.

''So, does anyone know when World War I started?'' Mr. Simons says as he looks around the classroom for a hand to shoot up with the answer.

I don't even hesitate. ''July 28th, 1914.'' I say with a smile.

''Impressive.'' Mr. Simon says. But his comment doesn't mean that much to me when I notice that she looked back and smiled.

''I almost forgot to take attendance.'' Mr. Simon said as he rushes to his desk and opens his laptop.

''Bonnie Bennett?''

''Here!'' A girl with a light skin color says and she raised her hand.

''Matt Donovan?''

''Here!'' A very muscular blonde replies. He must play football.

''Caroline Forbes?''

''Here!'' I very perky blonde as she raises her hand and replies with a smile.

''Tyler Lockwood?''

''Here!'' Another muscular dude replies but instead of blonde hair, he has almost blackish hair.

''Elena Gilbert?''

And then I realize that I now know the name of the girl I saved from the car accident. I know the name of the girl who looks like the evil Katherine Pierce. 

I know the name of the girl I want to know so much more about.

''Here!'' She replies.

Elena Gilbert.

----------------------------------------------------

After class, I walk down to the attendence office, because I was some how marked absent first period. Probably because I was too busy starting at Elena. What a great start to my ''first'' day of high school.

''Hey! Watch were your-'' I say when someone nudges me on my way back from the attendance office. I stopped myself because I realized...

''I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you like that!'' Elena says.

It was Elena.

''Oh no! It was my fault! I'm sorry I yelled at you like that. I didn't realize that such a beautiful girl knocked into me. I don't mind at all.'' I smile.

She smiles back and starts to blush.

''Stefan Salvatore. Nice to meet you.'' I say putting out my hand for her to shake it.

''Elena Gilbert, it's nice to meet you too.'' She says and I act like I don't already know her name.

We shake hands and stand there for a minute.

She breaks the silence. ''So um, see you around?'' She says.

''Yeah, see you around.'' I look at her for a moment and we go our sepreate ways.

As we go our ways, I look back for a moment to stare at her once again and then walk to my next class.

------------------------------------

Elena's POV:

''Did you see how hot that guy was that bumped into you!'' Bonnie says to me.

''Haha yeah of course, I mean he was very good looking and seemed pretty nice.''

We both look at eachother and start to laugh.

First day of highschool and we are already talking about the cute guys. Typical us.

I walk to my next class and Bonnie walks to hers.

It's weird not being in middle school and having your best friend in every class.

Bonnie and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember. We tell eachother everything.

I sit down in my next class and think about my incident with Stefan earlier.

He was very cute and seemed very nice. I wondered if maybe we would have another class together. 

But until then, I can just sit and daydream about him like a typical teenage girl would on her first day of high school.