Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas || Part 1

  Day offs were a rare occasion, especially for Tom. He was always working on new movies which subsequently meant that he was always away or tired. But today was a rare exception. Tom was home for a month on a break, he was home for Christmas and it was eagerly accepted for both you and him. It was your second Christmas as an official couple and you had both agreed that you would spend it with his family.

The two of you sit on the extra large couch in the living room, the large Christmas tree lit up and glistening brightly in front of you. Presents line the base of the tree each wrapped with care and in different patterns. Tom sits between your legs, his hands resting on your legs. Both of you adorn little Santa hats and Christmas sweaters. Tom's fingers gently trace of your skin, fingers so light that he leaves a trail of goosebumps in his wake. A small smile works its way onto Tom's face, still amazed that after so long you still were sensitive to his touch, his head resting safely on your stomach. Your fingers push through his thick brunette curls, massaging his scalp with gentle strokes. You lean down and press your lips to his forehead.

Tom's mum and dad sit across the room and Tom's brothers also sit around eagerly waiting for the presents to be handed out.

"Can we pleaseeeee open them now?" Paddy whines, bouncing up and down impatiently.

"Oh, alright," Nicola, Tom's mum, replies, "but hand out everyone's, not just your own."

You giggle lightly at the excitement on the children's faces. You watch as they read the labels carefully and places them in the laps of their rightful owners.

"Tom, this is yours...from Y/N!" Harry hands Tom a gift and wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. You scoff and slap his shoulder playfully.

Tom scans over the gift and lifts it to his ear, giving it a light shake. When he cannot identify the object he turns to you, a confused expression on his face. "What is it?"

"Well, open it and find out!" You encourage him with a nudge.

Tom begins to tear the wrapping open to find a large book. The leather bound photo album is engraved with "Our Adventure Book", a tribute to 'Up' the first movie you watched together. He opened the first page and 'Married Life' begins to play, which makes Tom's face light up, a wide smile spreading across his face. Tom's eyes were glued onto the pages as he turned them delicately. Pictures of the both of you in your youth climbing trees and playing dress ups. Your first day of school together and your first school dance. Memories of both of your lives illuminated each page from each significant moment all the way up to your first date. There were tissues and cardboard pop ups of burnt popcorn scattered across the page.

"Why is there burnt popcorn and tissues?" Harry asks.

You laugh lightly and begin to explain. "On our first date, we planned to watch 'Up' in our famous tree house. I was so excited, I was getting ready for it for weeks! But the night before the gods blessed me with the gift of the flu and so I cancelled on him. That night, Tom snuck into my room with a box of tissues and a packet of popcorn he had burnt because he's a muppet in the kitchen, and we watched from the safety of a pillow fort."

"We made a promise that if we stayed together that we would do everything we could to make the most of every moment, to seek adventure at every opportunity." Tom smiled at you, tears welling in his eyes.

"And we did just that." You smiled back at him, your eyes watering at his reaction.

He continues to turn the pages filled with memories. The place you had your first kiss, his first premiere and your first apartment, your first 'I love you'.

He flicks through the pages until he reaches the final page. In neat and practiced gold calligraphy you inscribed: 'You are my greatest adventure'.

Tom looks up at you, a tear streams down his face as he closes the cover. He stands up and rushes to you, wrapping his arms around you. "Thank you, so much."

"I'm guessing I won't get this reaction when you unwrap your Spiderman socks." You tease.

He lets out a choked laugh.

You wipe away tears that have unconsciously slid down your face and give him a wide smile. "Ok, enough emotion...who's next?"

Tom sits beside you, his hand intertwined tightly as you watched the family open the rest of their gifts. The boys got video games and a various variety of Spiderman merchandise.

"There's only two left." Paddy whines with a pout, pulling the last two gifts out from under the tree and checking the labels.

"This one's for Tom and Y/N, from mum." Paddy crawls over and hands the gift to the two of you.

You and Tom exchange glances and take the gift.

"Mum?" Tom tilts his head in question as he slowly begins to unwrap the gift.

"Just open it!" Nicola exclaims, a cheeky smile adorning her lips.

You tear off the neat wrapping to reveal a deep red sweater. You pull it out only to find an exact duplicate in a bigger size beneath it. The sweaters have little white reindeers and snow around the chest. In the centre of the chest is the cursive initials of your initials in the front.

"I know your family doesn't really celebrate Christmas, but I just want you to know that you are like family to us, and we wanted you to be apart of our tradition, if you choose to accept us."

A smile spread across your features and your heart fills with warmth.

"Of course I accept it! They are beautiful, thank you so so much, Nicola." You smile widely and walk over to her, giving her a hug. You hug everyone in the room and settle down onto the chair beside Tom.

"Aren't you going to put it on?" Harry asks, nodding towards the sweater.

You glance at Tom and he gives you a reassuring smile. You stand and slide the sweater over your head. It fits snuggly and immediately fills your body with warmth. Tom does the same and turns to you with a huge smile and a thumbs up.

"Check it out, baby." Tom beams turning around in his new sweater.

You smile and walk over to hug him, feeling comforted by the warmth of his embrace.  "I'm so glad you're home." You mumble lightly into his chest.

  He gently rocks the two of you back and forth, pressing light kisses to the top of your head. "There's nowhere else I'd rather be."

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your day was filled with love, joy, peace and family this amazing day.  This is my first time writing since being back from college and honestly it's trash. I am so sorry.  I'll try and make the second part better.  I love you all so much. Peace. xx