i hate you, i love you || Peter Parker Part ii

Blurb: She falls hard for someone who will never feel the same.

Warnings: This imagine is sad. I am just prewarning you that this is an imagine that will not end happily. I mean no hate towards the Liz Allen character nor the actress, but for the sake of this short story, I may have made her SEEM like a bad person but in no way is that my personal opinion.

 I mean no hate towards the Liz Allen character nor the actress, but for the sake of this short story, I may have made her SEEM like a bad person but in no way is that my personal opinion

   Each day was another day of faux smiles and lies. Peter did it. He asked Liz to the Homecoming Dance...and she accepted his proposal. Audrey was there for the whole thing. She waited by his locker for the verdict and celebrated his victory, even though she was being torn apart on the inside. Each day has it's own turn of events.

The first week was a haze of mixed emotions. Peter and Liz were spending most of their time together. Audrey smiled and waved off each apology from Peter when he missed plans they made long ago, pushing her feelings aside and putting his first. The first week was harsh, but it didn't break Audrey.

The second week came like a flood of bricks to the heart. Liz and Peter started to date. The news hit her like a car travelling at a million miles an hour. But of course, she congratulated him. She was happy for them. Of course she was, because that's what she was supposed to do. She had to be a good friend, and so she was.

Since then, each day held its own secrets suppressed in each small action Peter did. It started with what seemed like small insignificant things to Peter. He would be so caught up with helping Liz with her Geometry that he would forget the plans he regularly made with Audrey to see a movie. She would shrug off his absence and pretend like it meant nothing to her when in reality she spent the entire duration of the film crying in the back row. Alone.

Missed dates soon turned into missed routines. Peter would always wait by Audrey's locker when the school day ended. It was always the highlight of her day, to see him waiting for her, to listen to him talk about his day and he hers. But now, he would wait at Liz's locker. She would walk out of her last class of the day and sprint down the hall, excited to tell Peter about how she scored an A+ on her worst subject. A smile was plastered on her face as she pushed past the mass of bodies crammed into the hallway. She stopped at her locker and her smile steadily contorted into a look of sadness as she was greeted with an empty space. Her stomach felt like a vacuum. Her eyes roam the hallway in search of his familiar face, but she is unable to see any sign of him.

He must be running a little late, She thought. It wouldn't be the first time.

So, she waited. She gathered together her books and stuffed everything into her bag. She slid down her locker and sat on the floor. And she waited. For hours she waited. At every noise she would stand up to greet her friend but each time she would return to the floor, her excitement steadily decreasing with each passing hour.

She walked home alone that night, drowning in the company of her own shadow.

When she reached her flat, she looked out her window into Peter's bedroom. Peter was at standing at his desk, his arms pointing at various decorations around his room. To Audrey, it looked like he was practicing a speech of some sort and she snatched up her phone to call him. But as soon as she clicked, 'Call', she walked into view.