[[1:: Weariness]]

High School, every teenager's nightmare. Especially how society affects it and every other teenager going to school. It was exciting for me, though. Today is the first day of school and I was unquestionably excited for it. Ever since the incident, It was all fast. Lots of things happened and now here I am, sharing a room with my cousin Valerie. She honestly didn't feel like my cousin, not that I would really know how cousins feel like, but we weren't close. We barely talked. The farthest thing I've gotten from her was a "Pass the salt, please."

Aunt Meredith woke us up by walking around the house and knocking on each door. I woke up before she took to steps near the door since I am a light sleeper. Even a pin dropping could wake me up. I sat up on the top bunk, stretching my arms and slightly smiling once I looked down, I loved being high up. It made me feel free. Then Valerie's scowling face came to view, she's clearly not a morning person.

"Good morning," I yawned.         

She ignored me and headed to the bathroom, slamming the door. Bitch.

A few minutes later, she exited the bathroom and left the room. I was alone. I quickly reached for my backpack and took a wrapped towel, heading to the bathroom. Once I was in it, I locked the door and looked at myself in the mirror. My wavy and long blonde hair hair was starting to get in my nerves, so I unwrapped the towel revealing scissors. The same scissors I killed John with and started cutting my hair. Dark strands started to join the bathroom tile minute by minute and soon I was done. My hair fell past my shoulders, looking good as new. Then I lined my eyes with my eyeliner  and used mascara so make my lashes noticeably frame my blue-green eyes. This year, I'm going to rise up and put the past behind me. I glossed my lips and smiled a tight-lipped smile to myself. Goodbye Cordelia, hello Delia. I wrapped the towel around the scissors and hid it deep in my bag.

When I went downstairs, and to the kitchen. Aunt Meredith was making eggs and bacon, the classic breakfast. Valerie sat on the kitchen Island next to her little brother, Martin. 

"Morning," Aunt Meredith said once she spotted me. "Did you enjoy your first night here?"

No. I nodded, smiling. "I've never felt so much at home." You should've left me to fend off for myself. I sat down next to Martin on the stool quietly, until my plate was in front of me. I dug in, not saying a thing.

Hours later, I was standing in front of the school after getting out of Valerie's car since she drove me here reluctantly. And it was clear. I rolled up my sleeves and tightened the strap on my shoulder for my bag, walking in to school with my schedule. I smiled at the curious people and moved to the find my locker which turned out to be close to my first class in my schedule. Good, since I don't want to be late. I placed items in there, including the towel, which was a risky move but I didn't have anywhere else to put it. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder, causing me to take the finger and twist it, hearing a yelp and quickly letting for of the hand. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. You scared me." 

The finger belonged to a guy, a few inches taller than me. He was slightly chubby but nothing to the extreme. Ginger hair and light brown eyes. "Damn, you've got instincts." He said, shaking his hand. 

I shrugged, "Not the first time I heard that." I held out my hand, "Hi, I'm Delia."

"Austin," His large hands took a hold of mines and gave it a firm shake. "That's Jillian." He said gesturing at the girl next to him I just noticed now. I gave her a small wave and she rolled her eyes, taking my hand and pulling me into a hug. I was tensed in her arms, not used to this much contact in a genuine way.

"Fuck all that civilized shit, this is how you really say hello. Hi, you're new." Jillian said. I could tell that she has a bubbly and welcoming personality. She had the girl-next-door look with straight dark hair and warm brown eyes.

"She's the class nerd, I'm the chubby gay dude." Austin explained. "There's more, but you'll see that later."

"I hope I do." I said, then the bell rang and I said my goodbyes, walking to class. I could tell they were in the low chains of popularity. When I looked up, I knew this one was in the high popularity chain. Long legs, thick and long hair, plucked eyebrows, dark skin. She was the definition of popular. 

"You're new here." She observed. Yeah, no shit. "Are you Valerie's cousin?"

"That's me." And after that, people crowded around me asking about my past life. No, this isn't supposed to happen. I'm supposed to start new. How did Rachel know about my family? Did Valerie tell her? Were they friends? I can't stand here one more second as they chatter my ears off. Then it started getting quiet and people were looking at someone and I sighed in relief. Sure I wanted attention but not this way. I followed their gazes to someone standing at the door. 

"Noah," I heard a person whisper. I was guessing he's Noah and he must be at the top full scale since he quieted them down while taking two steps in class. Now he wasn't like the usual popular guys, he had the same build as jocks. Just not as much but he had that intimidating and dark look from his black leather jacket and dark jeans. His dark hair fell to his dark eyes. I couldn't figure out the color but that didn't matter because he had a handsome angular face. A playful smiles was on his lips as he walked straight towards me.

I lifted my hand but then felt the rush of air as he walked past me, his light cologne reaching my nose. Oh, he had the nerve.