[[4:: Guests]]

a/n: I’m aware that this seems fast-paced and all but please bear with me. sure, i’ll try to slow it down but it’s meant to go quick. this story isn’t that long, i guess it’s short. Approx 10-15 chapters will do. Is that short? i don’t know, whatever. anyway, thanks so much for following this story and giving me chance. i appreciate you all and thank you for motivating me.

wow i watched x-men yesterday with my friends and evan peters was brilliant! it was great.

"He's a prick," I stated.

"Yeah but he's a sexy one." Jillian said, walking by my side as we ventured our way home. Turns out she lives in the same neighborhood as Meredith.

"I don't care. He's an asshole." Jillian was getting annoying with her bringing Noah up. Here I was actually liking her a bit but her annoying side beat her cool one. She hated being left out and popped out of nowhere, deciding to walk home with me. The only reason I was walking home was to not go through the thick tension in Valerie's car and have some alone time but I couldn't exactly tell Jillian off without wrecking what I worked hard for. I need to be on the top of the popularity pyramid. I needed to beat Noah. 

"Well whatever, did you hear there's going to be a party?" 

I looked at her now, interested at her words for the first time. "No, who's hosting it?"

"Christina's older sister but she's only going to invite a few seniors. It'll be filled with hot college guys." 

If I get invited I'll have so much attention. "Do you think you'll get invited?" I asked. 

"Probably not but you clearly are since you're hanging around with her."

"No she's just in the group I so happen to be friends with." I said, secretly pleased.

We stopped in front a house, "Yeah, yeah. Well here's my house, wanna come over a bit?"

I shook my head, "No thanks, Meredith wants me early. We have guests." I made a face and she laughed. 

"Right, see ya."

Finally, she's gone. I wasn't lying when I said we're expecting guests but Aunt Meredith didn't want me to come home to meet them. It was clear this morning from her face. She was easy to read. And to annoy her, I will be home early. 

I walked in the house, hearing clinking of pans in the kitchen. I guessed that Meredith was there, cooking. 

"Who's there?" I heard her voice call out.

"Me," I said walking in the kitchen. 

"Oh, yes. C- Delia." Close call, I almost snapped at her. "Guests are coming in. So go get ready." 

"Mind telling me who's coming over?"

"Oh, the neighbors."

I nodded, noticing the reluctance in her voice. I left the room and almost skipped upstairs. I've got to show the neighbors how nice and sweet I am so I laid out three outfits Meredith bought for me. I had to make her trust me but she couldn't because I came like a hurricane. Last thing she needed was a kid in her house. So I have to be mature. I picked a minty green short-sleeved dress with a rounded collar and sweetheart neckline. Then I kicked on simple black flats but with a tiny ribbon on the middle. I was going to make them fall in love with me. 

Half an hour later, the doorbell rang. Everyone's downstairs by the dinner table. I'm going to go down fashionably late so I could get the attention. I listened by the stairs but out of view and heard scraping chairs. Good, they're sitting down. It's time to go down. I stepped downstairs with a flourish and got what I expected. Everyone in the table were looking at the source of the sound. 

Meredith's face suddenly lit up. "Oh, Valerie." Valerie? I turned around and saw Valerie come downstairs with a simple shirt and jeans. What the fuck? "Come join us. You too, Delia."

I tucked my hair behind both of my ears and made my way to the dinner table. Two empty places. I looked up and froze. It was Andrew. The easy guy, somehow friends with Noah. He's a pig. There were two empty seats. The other one was far away and between Andrew's mother and Meredith. I couldn't sit next to Andrew, he'd make me snap. Then of course, Valerie sat on that seat and I was stuck next to Andrew, causing him to wink and grin at me. Disgusted, I looked down on my plate. It turned out it was his mother, father, and little sister.

"So this must be the famous Delia. I admire you for coping with John. From what I heard, he must be horrible."

I smiled shyly, "Thank you, ma'am." This is easy. Then I felt Andrew's hand on my lap. I sat there as they all conversed, stiff. Meredith wanted to pray and I almost sighed in relief when he removed his hand to hold Martin's but sadly also mines. I held his sister's hand. She was a quiet one, she looked about 13. Going through that dark phase, judging from her aggressive black clothing and black lipstick. 

"Darlene, mind saying the prayers?" Meredith asked Andrew's mother. 

"Of course." 

After the prayer, I finally dug into my food. There were talks around the table throughout dinner. Darlene asked me questions and I answered them the way she wanted me judging by the impressed look on her face, I knew I won her over.

An hour later, they were all ready to move to the living room but I kept the sweet facade and said I'd go put the dishes on the sink and clean them. Unfortunately, Andrew offered to help me and I couldn't say no. So I nodded and walked into the kitchen. Placing the plates on the sink. When I turned around Andrew was suddenly pressed up against me, leaving sloppy kisses on my neck, hands slipping up my dress. I pushed him away with all my force causing the trays to fall.

"Is everything okay in there?" I heard Meredith's voice call out.

"Fine." I yelled back and then looked at Andrew angrily, " You bastard, what are you doing?"

"What? I'm doing what you wanted me to do." Andrew shrugged and I just wanted to choke the living fuck out of him with my bare hands.

"I certainly did not want you to that," 

His face quickly came in front of me, almost kissing me, but I moved out the way. 

"You can clean the dishes." I walked out the kitchen, "Andrew's such a gentleman, offering to clean the dishes."

There was pride all over Darlene's face. "I know, I raised him well." Easy peasy. "Come join us, Delia."

I shook my head, "No thank you, I'm done for the night. You guys enjoy. Bye." I turned around and smiled. Mission accomplished.