Fourteen-Coping With A Life Ahead

Start from the beginning

Tears fell down his face as he repeated the doctors' words in his head. Doctor Flips had already set up machinery and antibiotics in the bedroom, making it comfy but safe. He was told he needed to be hospitalized due to the flare-ups intensity but he didn't want to leave his room and neither did Mira. Well, that was until she had to go run errands with Cyllene.

Why did his life have to go through this much pain? What did he do to deserve this? He let out a groan when the pain came up again. The doctor said it was called the MS hug. He hated it, all of it. He thought he was weak. He is weak. 

Callisto rolled over but regretfully yelped when his IV was pulled. He hated being put on "bed rest".

"I need to get things settled in this pack," he mumbled angrily.

He sat up with a mass amount of effort and ripped cords and wired off of him. His heart monitor flatlined. Stupid thing, it's too noisy, he thought to himself. He quickly ripped his IV that was pumping fluids into him, sick of being sick.

He stumbled down the stairs. His goal was to make it to the kitchen and grab the phone. He needed to call his Beta. He grabbed the general phone from off of the kitchen Island and started to dial his Beta's phone number. He better pick up, he thought.

"Alpha? What can I do for yo-wait...You are supposed to be in bed." 

"Daniel, yes but I need you to do me a favor. I need you to get a car to pick me up, I need a drink" the last part he mumbled to himself.

"No can do Callisto, I am your best bud but no way am I going to let you go downtown. I'm coming over now." with that, the line was cut.

Callisto growled in frustration and threw the phone on the ground where it broke into tiny pieces. Why can't he do anything he wanted? This was stupid. He opened his back porch door and started to walk in the woods. He needed time to think. He had an auto-immune disease. He could become immobile any day. Any day. The words repeated in his head like an audio recorder.

A clear lake came into view. The afternoon sun looked pretty over the lake. It made it look orange. He sat by the bank and stared at his reflection. Any day

A spark of pain erupted in his spine, causing him to tip over into the cool winter water. He kept a steady pace, kicking his legs to stay afloat. He tried to lift his body onto the bank but to no avail. He groaned as the MS hug, well, "hugged" him. He just wanted to give up. So that's what he did. He heard footsteps but didn't care. He let go of the bank edge as pain enveloped him again. He sank in the frigid water, the icy cold liquid filling his lungs. Even if he wanted to fight, he couldn't. The pain was too much. There was no way he could find a way to cope with a life ahead.

But, Mira's face flashed in his mind. He looked up from the murky water and saw Daniel searching for him. He wanted to live, no matter what. He wanted to go to the beach with Mira, he still wanted ice cream, he wanted to finish Harry Potter with her, he still wanted to cuddle, he still wanted to love her. He blew a small amount of bubbling to the surface, his vision blurring. The MS hug came back and stronger. He sucked in water, forgetting that he was still in the lake.

He vaguely remembers Daniel jumping into the water and grabbing him, bringing him to the surface. Callisto felt helpless but he just let it go. He started to spit out the water, hating the taste of fish.

"Callisto? Callisto?!" Daniel yelled, shaking him.

He winced and looked up at his panicked Beta. The "hug" was still there and was not planning on leaving anytime soon. 

"Come on, I'll take you back to the house. We can get you washed up, fed, and in bed," he said, pulling me up in his arms and making his way back to the house. 

Callisto's black hair was matted to his face and Daniel noticed that his blue eyes had gained some color.

"Why did you jump in?" he asked Callisto.

"I didn't, I fell in after losing balance..." Callisto mumbled sleepily.

Daniel nodded and looked down at his Best Friend. He was half asleep. They made it back to the mansion and Daniel helped Callisto to his room.

Callisto was thankful for once. He needed help changing since his muscles protested small movements.

"Alright, you are all changed. Let's get you into bed, I'll hook you up to all of the medicine and monitor, and I will get you some soup." Daniel said.

He hooked Callisto up to the machines and IV's then left to make the soup. Although Callisto was uncomfortable before, he was now comfy. He felt as if he was floating on clouds. It might also have been the mild sedative that he was given to control his anxiety.

Daniel came back with the warm soup and Callisto felt somewhat content. He was spoon fed since the IV's  restricted his movement.

"Get some sleep, you have had a long day..." Daniel said, ruffling Callisto's hair.

He gave Daniel a ghost smile and fell into a deep sleep.

SO?

How was it?

What do you think will happen next chapter?

Where did Mira go?