Chapter 1.

Welcome to DWOF's Sequel! Please be warned there will be angst, violence, and lots and lots of smut in this story! If you're not comfortable with any of those please kindly leave my book because I will not tolerate any form of hate. Thank you.

-

Elizabeth;

I remember when my life wasn't so crazy. I remember the days when I woke up in my bed, in my home, without a worry on my conscience. The lazy, summer days where I would sit by the pool with friends and chat among them of boys, fashion or drama.
The nights where I would blast my pre-teen pop songs in my room, singing along while dancing the night away.

Or the small picnics with my mother, catching butterflies on the sunny afternoons to watching the stars on warm nights. Where have the times gone? I had no such problems as psychotic exes, police investigations or my picture and name on the morning news papers.

Things were different now, my life was different. I was no longer that sweet, innocent little girl anymore. No longer living the normal teenage life of a young girl.

I am now a runaway, running away from my old life. From my mother, from my town, from the police and especially from Mitchell. I am no longer Elizabeth.

Now, I am Lisa.

Present;

I open the door of the small diner on the exit of the highway. Warmth hits my skin and I welcome it, a nice contrast from the cold and wet air of the outside. I scan the area, making sure there are no policemen or suspicious people.

Seemingly fine, I walk to the table near the back before sitting in the booth. A squeak sound is made as I do so from my wet clothes hitting the feaux leather. I rub my hands together to warm them and try to get comfortable.

"You okay there hon'," A middle aged waitress stands infront of me, a look of concern on her features. She sports an old 50s cliche uniform with her red, slightly greying hair pinned back. "you look a little cold."

"I'm fine thank you," I try to smile, trying to avoid her gaze so she won't recognize me. "it's just the rain."

"I see dear, did you walk here?" I nod, pretending to be looking at the menu.

"Well would you like anything warm to start with?"

"A cup of coffee is fine."

She writes it down with a smile, "Coming right up."

I watch the small TV in the corner of the place, a news story of a store robbery being shown. Averting my gaze to outside the window, I watched as rain droplets ran down the glass, and the cars passing by on the streets. A minute passes before I feel a hand on my shoulder and I tense up immediately. I quickly turn to the person and relax when I see Marcel.

"Sorry love, did I scare you?" He smiles, sitting infront of me.

"You think," I scrunch my nose at him playfully. "did you find a place?"

"I sure did, it's a studio. It's small but cozy, not too pricey. I'm sure you'll like it." He says, looking at the menu himself.

"Oh thank god, my back can't handle another night in that nasty motel bed." I sigh, stretching out my aching back.

"Me too, but if you want I can give you a massage later baby." He drops a wink, a smirk on his lips.

"Hm, I think I've tainted you a bit too much." I giggle, shaking my head.

Different Way of Living × h.s marcel a.uजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें