So when I turned twenty I had a good amount of money saved up. It was the day before their stupid big Fourth of July party and my mom was in the kitchen making sure the cooks were testing the food. And my dad was probably somewhere else in this big house. I swear I've gotten lost here more times than I could count.

I had been pacing my room thinking about what I was going to say. I couldn't just run away, well I mean I could but wouldn't want them calling the cops saying I'm missing. Fuck it I was just going to do it and get it over with.

I walked down the hallway that had way too many stuck up family portraits. God who let me have piggy tails? It looked like my scalp was about to be taken off with how tight the hair was. I'm pretty sure I could feel the pulling right now.

I subconsciously rubbed my head before walking down the spiral staircase. I then walked down another hallway towards the kitchen where I could hear my mother yelling. I rolled my eyes at how rude she was being. I turned the corner and entered the rather large and very expensive looking kitchen.

My mom had her chart in one of her hands while the other was pinching the bridge of her nose. I felt bad for the staff, I mean it was the fifth staff they've had to hire. I don't blame the rest for quitting if I'm being honest. I cleared my throat which caused her to look up. She looked over at me but her expression didn't change.

"Yes Peyton?" She asked turning back to look at her chart.

I had felt nervous all over again, "Uh I was hoping I got to talk to you and father in private."

"I don't have time right now Peyton, I have a lot to do. We have a big party to throw tomorrow and I'm very very stressed." She told me still sounding annoyed.

"Mom it's very important." I told her trying to get her to listen.

She dropped the chart loudly on the table. It had caused everyone to stop what they were doing. The room grew so quiet I'm sure you could hear my heart beating fast.

"And what is so important that it simply could not wait Peyton?" She asked now sounding angry.

I didn't want to say it in front of a lot of people. But I knew if I didn't say it now that she was giving me the chance then I wouldn't get to say it till god knows when.

"I'm moving out." I blurt out.

She turned her body so that she was fully looking at me, "Excuse me?"

"I said I was moving out, I'm going tonight. I thought you and father both should know." I told her trying to look and sound confident.

She shook her head, "Oh no, you can't. We have a big party to be done tomorrow! Everyone is expecting us to be here as a family like always."

"I'm sorry mom I can't, I don't want to stick around for another circus show. I'm moving away and starting fresh." I told her.

She crossed her arms and wore a glare, "I do not think so missy, your father will not be happy."

"Well I'm sorry but it's my decision and I am going through with it." I said.

"Peyton Marie Ellis you are going to go upstairs. Take a shower and go to bed because tomorrow we have a big family event. Now." She said in a threatening tone.

I shook my head, "No, what I am going to do. Is go back upstairs grab my bags, get in my car and move out. You all can carry on tomorrow and pretend as if I was never apart of this family. But I am not staying here another day apart of this crazy circus."

With that I turned around and was about to walk out of the kitchen.

"Peyton you walk out of this house and you will never be allowed back. Do you understand?" She angrily said.

I let go of the breath I was holding and walked away. I walked back upstairs and to my room. I got changed and made sure I had everything I needed. I then heard a throat being cleared and turned to find my sister in my doorway. She was two years older than me and the pretty one of both of us.

"So you're really leaving me with the nutcases we call our parents?" Serenity asked.

My sister and I were close, she was the other normal person in my life. I mean she was there for me through everything just like my grandma. The only difference is she kind of likes they way we lived. Not to the point where sh loves the spotlight and wants it on her all the time. She just doesn't mind it as much.

"You know I was going to do this some point in my life. It's not the life for me, it's their life not mine. I don't want to let Grandma down and never leave this god forsaken place." I told her as I grabbed my bags.

"I know and I intend on keeping Grandmas promise to you. I'll help you out until you tell me to stop. I just want you to be safe okay?" She asked me.

I nodded, "I will, thank you for this Serenity. Do you ever think they'll forgive me for this?"

She sighed, "Not right now but they will. Especially Dad, mom can hold a grudge but she'll come around."

Our dad was always close with my sister and I since he didn't have a son. It was his mother, my grandma, that had passed away. He was close to his mom I guess that's what made him soft when it came to my sister and I. It hurt to leave my sister and father but it was the right decision for me.

"I know just tell him I will still keep in touch if he lets me. And that I'm sorry." I said feeling my heart hurt.

"I will, stay safe Peyton." Serenity said before embracing me in a hug.

I hugged her back before we pulled away and she helped me take down my bags. She helped me put them in my car and waved me goodbye as I pulled out of the driveway in my Range Rover.

"Six hours and eighteen minutes to get to your destination." My gps said.

I sighed knowing there was no going back. This was the life I wanted and I couldn't wait. It was going to be the best decision I was going to make.

At least I thought it was. Now this is where my story starts and doesn't go exactly how I planned.

Authors Note//
I didn't want to start a book and not give you guys a full official chapter.
Idk when will be the next time I update so my schedule for this book is up in the air.
Let me know what you think anyways
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚